deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Shadows Over Innistrad spoilers  (Read 63537 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad spoilers
« Reply #150 on: March 24, 2016, 03:05:53 am »
Speaking of pre-releases, anyone heard if/how they're doing seeded packs this time?
This space for rent.

digital

• Decks
« Reply #151 on: March 24, 2016, 03:20:35 am »
I'm pretty sure Wizards of the coast have changed the prerelease kits to look like the battle for zendikar and oath of the gatewatch with the small box, 1 random promo, and 6 boosters. unless they do the same thing with the original innistrad block with clan(ex.humans, werewolves, vampire, Zombies) specific prerelease kits

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #152 on: March 24, 2016, 03:27:37 am »
I'm pretty sure Wizards of the coast have changed the prerelease kits to look like the battle for zendikar and oath of the gatewatch with the small box, 1 random promo, and 6 boosters. unless they do the same thing with the original innistrad block with clan(ex.humans, werewolves, vampire, Zombies) specific prerelease kits

That's what I'm kinda wondering if they do.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #153 on: March 24, 2016, 04:57:04 am »
   Is that what they did at the last time innistrad came out? That would of been cool to have a spirit guild, Esper spirits all around!!!

GeekMagicWarp

• Decks
« Reply #154 on: March 24, 2016, 01:45:08 pm »
I can't seem to find a link for it now but I remember reading that the SOI pre-release pack would have all 6 boosters being SOI instead of 4 SOI and 2 OGW... if I find the link I'll post it. But clan specific kits sound very cool. I wish I had started playing magic back when my friends first tried to get me to start. I missed out on alot of awesome blocks, Innistrad included.  :-\

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #155 on: March 24, 2016, 01:56:19 pm »
So do you get to chose wich clan you use or will it be random? Again I like creating on the fly,
but to chose?? I'd rather combine then be sticking to a specific. Because I am sure some clans are weaker while some are stronger.
So if I get the weaker it be nice to combine with the stronger. If I have the stronger but not enough of it, then to combine with the weaker .
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #156 on: March 24, 2016, 02:10:35 pm »
Like someone said , Prized Amalgam with recursion is going to be fun. Use him with reassembling skeleton , instant sacs all day long
and only 2 mana to bring em both back. Not to mention bloodsoaked champion.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #157 on: March 24, 2016, 03:48:58 pm »
So do you get to chose wich clan you use or will it be random? Again I like creating on the fly,
but to chose?? I'd rather combine then be sticking to a specific. Because I am sure some clans are weaker while some are stronger.
So if I get the weaker it be nice to combine with the stronger. If I have the stronger but not enough of it, then to combine with the weaker .

There is no word on whether it will just be six packs or some sort of "pre-con." In my opinion if it were going to be other than just six packs of SOI or something we'd likely have heard about it by now given how close the pre-release is. They'd have wanted to create even more hype about it.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #158 on: March 24, 2016, 03:51:05 pm »
I can't seem to find a link for it now but I remember reading that the SOI pre-release pack would have all 6 boosters being SOI instead of 4 SOI and 2 OGW... if I find the link I'll post it. But clan specific kits sound very cool. I wish I had started playing magic back when my friends first tried to get me to start. I missed out on alot of awesome blocks, Innistrad included.  :-\

I've been gone awhile but aren't pre-releases for a new block only ever just cards from that block?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #159 on: March 24, 2016, 05:05:53 pm »
Well I've only been to one Pre-Release event (the Oath of Gatewatch). At that one though the deck building kit included both booster packs from the BFZ and the OGW sets. So for this one maybe it'll just be plain SOI until the next one comes out.

matothias

• THUG LIFE
  • Decks
« Reply #160 on: March 24, 2016, 05:29:27 pm »
I think they are gonna do 6 SOI packs cause its a start of a new block, and during BFZ pre-release, it was 6 BFZ cause it was the start of a block, so I think they should(and will) do 6 SOI packs.

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #161 on: March 24, 2016, 08:34:27 pm »
If it were clans which won would you choose?

I'd choose spirits or zombies. Anything with blue seems to peak my interest. For standard tournaments I will probably make a UW spirit control deck. It could be fun to try and build that in a pre-release, but it is quite a stretch.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

GeekMagicWarp

• Decks
« Reply #162 on: March 24, 2016, 08:44:08 pm »
If it were clans which won would you choose?

I'd choose spirits or zombies. Anything with blue seems to peak my interest. For standard tournaments I will probably make a UW spirit control deck. It could be fun to try and build that in a pre-release, but it is quite a stretch.

I think I'd have to go with either Vampires or Werewolves.
Humans would do well due to usually being cheap CMC they can be kinda aggro (at least in the last innistrad). But they just don't interest me all that much.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #163 on: March 24, 2016, 08:45:37 pm »
Either UB Zombies or BW Vampires.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #164 on: March 25, 2016, 12:32:59 am »
The first set of a new block is usually cards from just that set, though with the change to blocks who knows.

If it were clan again I'd probably go Vampires.
This space for rent.