deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Shadows Over Innistrad spoilers  (Read 63463 times)

ladof

• Decks
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad spoilers
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2016, 06:54:08 pm »
Brain in a Jar looks interesting. Kind of like the Scry X more than the first ability.

The second ability can be nice in control decks. Leave one open mana for your opponents turn with a charge counter. Next turn, tap clash of wills for one mana. Next turn, same thing, but ruinous path. Then a four mana, etc. Eventually you can play high mana creatures for one mana on your turn.

It seems like a more consistent Yisan, the Wanderer Bard with the option to have a good scry if you need it.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: March 03, 2016, 01:38:26 am »
Curious to see what Planeswalkers we get in this block.

Jace seems like a definite since he's seen in art work. Would love to see Tamiyo but I doubt we get two mono blue planeswalkers in a set. Would like to see a RB Tibalt. I also imagine we'll get a flip planeswalker again.

We've got a flipper, and she's a werewolf! https://magic.wizards.com/en/story/planeswalkers/arlinn-kord
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes."

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: March 03, 2016, 01:41:15 am »
"Above all else, Arlinn is desperate to ensure the survival of her kind. She has come to think of herself as part of the pack. And in a world where Avacyn either cursemuted or killed hundreds of werewolves, and where the angel's church is launching a new inquisition more terrifying than anything they've done before, Arlinn fears that if she does not act, the lycanthropes of Innistrad could meet a very real and permanent end very soon."

Sounds like we might get some villains in white as well. Nobody expects the Avacyn Inquisition!
« Last Edit: March 03, 2016, 01:44:35 am by sixfortyone »
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes."

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: March 03, 2016, 07:55:53 am »
Hmm, a werewolf flip walker. Guessing it'll be GR. Still holding out hope for a BR Tibalt.

Looking like an interesting set flavor wise so far.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2016, 05:33:24 pm »
OH MY GOSH, WEREWOLF PLANESWALKER!!!

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #35 on: March 04, 2016, 12:44:15 am »
With all of this theory swirling around about Sorin’s regret, Nahiri’s disappearance, and the great possibility of Avacyn and her angelic church being evil in this set, it makes me wonder about something. What if Sorin regrets having done something to Nahiri to ruin their friendship and alliance? This could cause Nahiri to take revenge on his home plane by using her lithomancy to manipulate Innistrad’s silver moon into somehow causing this change in the angels’ behaviour? Oh, how my gears turn…

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: March 04, 2016, 06:00:05 am »
     Actually that would make sense. Like what if Sorin took advantage of Nahiri's powers somehow and created life from Nahiri's own creations without her permission? After all Sorin is pretty old, there's no telling what he might have learned in all his years as a planeswalker. 

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2016, 08:15:28 pm »
 So it's looking like UB or even mono black zombies will be a capable deck. Restless Dead looks really fun (combo that with Fleshbag Maurader in a graveyard and you can get a sacrifice creature recursion for 4 mana.) Risen Executioner will also see more standard play (I'm going to have to dig one out of my zombie edh deck, lol.)

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Reply #38 on: March 04, 2016, 11:14:10 pm »
I think there will be 4 types of SOI decks based around creatures:
1.Human with possibility for angels
2.Zombies with a possibility for demons
3.Aggro devils
4.Werewolves
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #39 on: March 05, 2016, 06:00:40 am »
In the process of retooling a Grimgrin deck I previously retired...love getting new toys for it at the right time.
This space for rent.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #40 on: March 05, 2016, 08:11:41 am »
     Don't forget Wolves, vampires, Skaabs, and Geists. Those are some of the biggest groups in this game as far as this set is concerned.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2016, 11:35:06 pm »
Seeing 6-7 cards so far that look playable in EDH, curious to see more spoilers.

Bygone Bishop is going to go great in my Shadowborn Apostle deck.
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2016, 11:54:39 pm »
Seeing 6-7 cards so far that look playable in EDH, curious to see more spoilers.

Bygone Bishop is going to go great in my Shadowborn Apostle deck.

I have a question about flip cards and EDH. I know I can't use cards that have other colors from my general, but how does that work for cards that appear to be a color, but have no actual designation?

Example: could I play elusive tormentor in my Olivia Voldaren (BR) EDH deck? It originally appears to be black, but the flip is blue (elusive mist). However, there is no blue mana anywhere in the card and it is never stated to be blue.

EDIT - the new cards aren't showing up for some reason. They're spoiled on mtgsalvation.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #43 on: March 08, 2016, 12:14:29 am »
Both sides of the card have to fit the color identity of the commander.

The identity on the flip side (the back) is the color border.
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2016, 01:01:42 am »
Both sides of the card have to fit the color identity of the commander.

The identity on the flip side (the back) is the color border.

Okay, so you're right, but for the wrong reason.

I dug through the rules (I'm bored, hush), and 202.2 says that "An object is the color or colors of the mana symbols in its mana cost, regardless of the color of its frame."

However, digging deeper, 202.2e says "An object may have a color indicator printed to the left of the type line. That object is each color denoted by that color indicator. (See rule 204.)"

204 is

204.1. The color indicator is printed to the left of the type line directly below the illustration. It consists of a circular symbol filled in with one or more colors. A color indicator is usually found on nonland cards without a mana cost.
204.2. An object with a color indicator is each color denoted by that color indicator.

So each flip side had a colored circle on the left side of the type line (unhallowed cathar, for example, has a black circle.) Elusive mist has a blue circle in the spoiler, so unfortunately it won't fit in my deck  :(

Apparently the color of the border could, in fact, differ from the card's color alignment. I couldn't find an example, though.