deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Shadows Over Innistrad: Hidden Lore  (Read 30683 times)

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
Re: Shadows Over Innistrad: Hidden Lore
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2016, 09:58:40 pm »
I would like to see a creature with the subtype-Eldrazi Moon
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2016, 10:44:20 pm »
The biggest reason I doubt Emrakul is on innistrad has nothing to do with lore; I don't think WotC wants to have back to back blocks with Eldrazi. They're amazing villians, but there is only one titan left; I doubt they want to eradicate it so quickly.

I'd almost bet that there will be a third trip to zendikar down the road with Emrakul attempting to revive his brothers. Or maybe destroying Ulamog and Kozilek have Emrakul the power of all three. Ugin did say something about not knowing the repercussions of destroying titans, so maybe the alternative was worse. (That's a terrifying thought, actually.)
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2016, 11:32:37 pm »
Definitely curious to see where it goes, really hoping we don't have another set with Eldrazi so soon but I wouldn't be surprised at all.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2016, 03:07:08 am »
Definitely curious to see where it goes, really hoping we don't have another set with Eldrazi so soon but I wouldn't be surprised at all.

I hate to say it but warped landscape, colorless mana symbol. Here they come some more unless they impliment other cards with that symbol
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2016, 03:16:14 am »
If you go to the Gatherer and search any card that produces colorless mana you'll see that the oracle text for the symbol has been errated on all of them to the new colorless symbol. Maybe I shouldn't say all, but the ones I checked at least including Temple of the False God & Sol Ring.

The new colorless mana symbol being included on a card in the block is just the new format, not signs of Eldrazi.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2016, 03:18:06 am by WWolfe »
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2016, 03:27:12 am »

I hate to say it but warped landscape, colorless mana symbol. Here they come some more unless they impliment other cards with that symbol

They specifically said when Oath was coming out that the wastes symbol would be forevermore on land that produces colorless mana (and specifically reprinted some more popular old cards in the expeditions with it to prove the point, I assume.)

So you will no longer see a new card come out with 'Add (1) to your mana pool.' It will always be "Add (Wastes) to your mana pool.' (I can't make that symbol.)

Warped landscape frightens me for the name more than the symbol.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2016, 03:37:16 am »
If you go to the Gatherer and search any card that produces colorless mana you'll see that the oracle text for the symbol has been errated on all of them to the new colorless symbol. Maybe I shouldn't say all, but the ones I checked at least including Temple of the False God & Sol Ring.

The new colorless mana symbol being included on a card in the block is just the new format, not signs of Eldrazi. So why are they paid with that new sign? Only type of creature in the block that uses that symbol, no other creature did. I wouldn't doubt for a second that the eldrazi show up. Hopefully I am wrong

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2016, 03:51:57 am »
My guess is simply that it was their way of introducing the symbol and land type, in addition to making the Eldrazi even more different than any other creatures.

This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2016, 04:15:11 am »
And magnifying glass has that same waste diamond symbol, by the way I wouldn't pay 9 mana just to draw 1 card.
That's just nuts if you do. Warped landscape is only good for when you need 4 types of cards in the graveyard.
Other than that, pay 2 to put out a tapped land, unless I am in dire need then I will pay.

Again though, if the waste diamond symbol is on this set, it has to pay and cast something. Previous 2 sets were only
Eldrazis and their abilities.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2016, 04:51:37 am »
The waste symbol is to clarify the difference between colorless and mana of any color. 

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/oath-gatewatch-mechanics-2015-12-28

This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2016, 05:32:05 am »
The waste symbol is to clarify the difference between colorless and mana of any color. 

http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/oath-gatewatch-mechanics-2015-12-28

lol i know what waste colorless mana does, at this moment there is nothing to be cast or abilities used that require waste colorless mana , just use the land produced colorless. Again the diamond shape waste colorless mana is only on Eldrazis and their abilities used that require waste colorless mana. So "far" in these spoilers for shadows over innistrad it is clear that not a
single card requires the diamond shape waste colorless mana. So why in this set of shadows over innistrad would I need a card that produces diamond shape waste colorless mana when a basic land works perfectly fine?

This diamond shape waste colorless mana has to cast or do some ability that basic land colorless mana can't.
Basic land colorless mana couldn't cast kozilek while diamond shape waste colorless mana could.
Now you could say shadows over innistrad's diamond shape waste colorless mana could produce kozilek. Ok, I'd give
you that but BFZ and OTG both have way better diamond shape waste colorless mana producers.

Now come full circle, diamond shape waste colorless mana producers only cast " Eldrazis " and " helped activate abilities of eldrazis". Land producers produce land colorless mana that "can't" do that.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2016, 06:24:30 am »
     If Eldrazis are not included in this set then the diamond/colorless mana symbol would essentially be worthless. Unless they use emrakul to make a Cthulhu reference towards the end of the block.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2016, 12:00:18 pm »
I guess well just have to wait and see if the symbol disappears when these eldrazi aren't in the picture anymore.
This space for rent.

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2016, 05:46:59 pm »
I've been looking all over the place for the quote, but can't find it for the life of me. One of the developers said that while the wastes do change how colourless and mana of any colour works, he also said that having wastes in casting costs was something they did ONLY for Kozilek, and won't be seeing a return. I still think that the change from three to two set blocks and the fact that SOI was intended to be the third set of Battle for Zendikar is enough evidence Emrakul is on his way. I also don't see them popping it right away either, but come on, the second Innistrad set is called Eldritch friggin Moon. Ulamog and Kozilek had some sort of form to them, Emrakul was a giant, formless tentacled horror. A lovecraftian horror you might say.
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes."

sixfortyone

• SSDD
  • Decks
« Reply #29 on: March 08, 2016, 05:50:01 pm »
*cough* EmraCthulhu *cough*
"The idea is to remain in a state of constant departure, while always arriving. Saves on introductions and goodbyes."