deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] White Black Ally Life-drain  (Read 1110 times)

dunzr9997

• Decks
[Standard] White Black Ally Life-drain
« on: February 17, 2016, 06:40:40 pm »

chief82

• Decks
Re: [Standard] White Black Ally Life-drain
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2016, 08:58:48 pm »
Hi dunzr,

my passion are also ally decks and I have been constantly changing and working on an ally deck ever since OGW hit the market.

I like your life-drain concept but find that some of your elements might be improved, especially because your deck is rather midrange than aggro (the average cmc is too high with 2,83).

Zulaport Chainmage and Ondu War Cleric both rely on tapping another ally to benefit from their cohort ability which is in the first case to deal two damage to an opponent and in the second case to gain two life.

If you changed Zulaport Chainmage, a rather expensive creature on top, and Ondu War Cleric to e.g. put a fourth Kalastria Healer, 2 Return to Emeria and 3 Captain's Claws into your deck you would constantly increase your number of allies and hence trigger Kalastria Healer. Like that you can maybe even replace some rather expensive creatures to include certain counter measures into your deck like Grasp of Darkness, Immolating Glare, Touch of Moonglove.

If you want to, check out my deck. It has its "old" name but don't get mislead. Perhaps you get some other inspiration: https://deckstats.net/decks/57481/415225-ayli-and-drana-armored-allies

Enjoy your play

dunzr9997

• Decks
Re: White Black Ally Mid-Range Lifedrain - Comments
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 06:30:43 pm »
Thanks so much for the tip on adding Captain's Claws and Retreat to Emeria to trigger more Allies entering the battlefield. I think I'm going to leave any defensive spells to my sideboard so I can change play style if being aggressive with midrange doesn't work out.