deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: What is everyones top 10 favorite cards  (Leído 11478 veces)

jaceperry

• Planeswalking to all planes 1 at a time
  • Decks
Re: What is everyones top 10 favorite cards
« Respuesta #15 en: Marzo 01, 2016, 02:38:42 am »
1. Upheaval- Everyone hated when I used this in effect with Tamiyo moon sage
2. Counterspell
3. Anafenza, The foremost- Personal note not because of money value but because of What Abzan stand for. Family.
4. Explore- play a additional land for 1 G. Great for speed races
5. Jace, Memory adept. I run a monoblue mill in modern with him in it he speeds the thing up quick.
6. Archive Trap. Perfect thing for those who love fetchlands and any search card it only gets rid of 56 of your cards when you searched. Oh did I say perfect for them. I meant for people who hate them.
7.Talent of the telepath- fairly new card that I love using to make my opponents strength my own.
8. Living Dead
9. Jace's phantasm helps if I cannot mill them fast enough just to swing in with a 5/5 flyer for 1U when there are 10 cards milled.
10. Dromaka, The eternal. First dragon and will always be one of my favorites.
« Última modificación: Marzo 03, 2016, 12:06:59 pm por jaceperry »
Mind Mage at heart.

dqtest

• Decks
« Respuesta #16 en: Marzo 01, 2016, 03:40:31 am »
1. Heartless Summoning. It completely changes how cards are played, for instance viridian emissary becomes a 1 drop land search.
2. Clone. there are other better variants but this is the OG. Nothing says versatility like playing your opponent's deck.
3. Knowledge Pool. I'm that asshole that thinks its fun to screw the game this much.
4. Serra Avatar. just too much fun to give lifelink among other combos.
5. Selvala, Explorer Returned. Whats not to love about Parley on a stick?
6. Urborg, Tomb of yawgmoth. No reason not to run it in every deck. Its an easy way to get swampwalk through or combine with kormus bell to make lands a target.
7. Rites of Flourishing. Gather around for a group hug.
8. Mindcrank.
9. Zada, Hedron Grinder. my newest addition to my fave list. currently enjoying hitting it with rite of replication.
10. Mindmoil or teferi's puzzle box. Its a toss up. Everyone draws a new hand each turn or I do every spell. Screw planning  lets be spontaneous.
« Última modificación: Marzo 01, 2016, 03:45:37 am por dqtest »

Jace27

• Combo+Combo=More combos :)
  • Decks
« Respuesta #17 en: Marzo 01, 2016, 01:46:19 pm »
Karn Liberated for the win.
For my opponents, a healthy diet of counterspells, artifacts, and crazy combos.

Sovereign42

• Decks
« Respuesta #18 en: Marzo 02, 2016, 03:04:50 am »
First of all... limiting this to just 10 is so hard, there are so many awesome cards out there, but these cards have resulted in the most amazing moments in magic i've ever experienced:

Deathrender - Probably the funniest/meanest card i play, its one of those cards I throw into every deck. It's the key card in my favourite EDH deck and provides some great drive for aggro decks. Turn any weenie into the biggest beef-stick you have or trigger any number of crazy combo plays (my favourite so far is sacrificing some random chump to play Sidisi, Undead Vizier, having her exploit herself to pull a mystic snake out of my deck and dropping that bad boy all in response to an opponent's field-wipe.)

Fog - There is nothing, and I mean nothing, like watching an opponent build up hoard of beef tokens, having him swing all out... and then telling him no. I once stopped over 3,000 damage with this and it felt so good.

Omnath, Locus of Mana - Lovingly referred to as 'Omnom', this sucker is the prettiest mana bank and my all time favourite card through my early days in Magic.

Thromok the Insatiable - Talking about rapidly ramping creatures; the exponential gains you get off Thromok are just too juicy. The look on people's faces when you drop a 9-billion/9-billion are just priceless!

Silklash Spider - I love spiders, they just hate flying so much, and this one is the absolute best... I once played against a zombie deck that dropped 200 something tokens, and then the guy thought it'd be a good idea to drop Akroma's Memorial. I slapped a Basilisk collar on my Silklash and watched the poor guy cry.

Glissa, the Traitor - One of my all time favourite abilities, deathtouch, paired with it's best friend, first-strike, plus a built in mechanic for pulling back that Viridian Longbow your opponent so desperately wanted to rid her of.

Lumberknot - My other favourite ability, hexproof, keeps this tree rooted to the battlefield while it racks up those +1/+1 counters and waits for it's chance to punch faces.

Ink-Eyes, Servant of Oni - More an exemplar of the entire line of ninja cards; the ninjutsu ability is almost as annoying to deal with as control decks. There is just so much joy felt when you attack with a 1/1 unblockable and your opponents look at you with resignation in their hearts, asking how much damage they're really taking.

Chasm Skulker - I built a nearly fully functioning deck when I drafted M15 with this as the core card. Aggressive Mining, Jalira, Master Polymorphist, and a Stormtide Leviathan for good measure.

Guttural Response - The best counter spell I've ever seen.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Respuesta #19 en: Julio 08, 2019, 09:46:58 pm »
So I realise I'm super late to the party, but I love this kind of thing and wanted to add my two cents. People had some great and interesting answers, so here's mine:

10. Progenitus - When I first got into magic, I kept getting my ass kicked by Inkwell Leviathan. I looked into creatures with huge power and came across Progenitus and immediately fell in love. His ludicrous ability. His concise, perfect wording. His ridiculous casting cost. His superb flavour text. Love him.

9. Carnival of Souls - Decent piece of jank, but hot damn, that flavour text. So good.

8. Archfiend of Ifnir - Part of a golgari combo deck with this and Obelisk Spider. Loved that deck. Really strong ability. Couple it with Generous Patron and you got yourself a free board wipe and a bunch of cards.

7. Dictate of Erebos - For me, the flash sets it above Grave Pact, even with the higher CMC.

6. Army of the Damned - I love making 2/2 zombie tokens, and there aren't many that do that better than this. And with flashback. Damn.

5. Yahenni, Undying Partisan - The general of my favourite EDH deck. What can I say, I just love a sac outlet.

4. Phyrexian Arena - The perfect example of using life as a resource to gain advantage.

3. Baleful Strix - Aside from the flying deathtouch card draw for UB, that art is incredible. Favourite art in all of magic.

2. The Scarab God - Amonkhet was the first block I got into as an adult with my own free time and disposable income (had played a bit as a kid). I ordered my wife a gift online and added a random HOU booster to qualify for free P&P and pulled a Scarab God. This was when he was dominating standard. I built the deck and loved it. Later made a zombie tribal EDH deck. Whenever this guy is out, he absolutely dominates the board. So powerful.

1. Ashnod's Altar - The value this thing provides is unbelievable. I mean, it's so easy to go infinite with if that's your thing, but even without it, it's superb. Being able to sacrifice your creatures at instant speed is, in my opinion, an incredibly underrated ability, so for it to also generate a potentially huge amount of mana is just the best.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #20 en: Julio 08, 2019, 10:29:45 pm »
Man my list has changed in 2 years. I'm going to have to give this some thought and come back to update it.
This space for rent.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #21 en: Julio 09, 2019, 03:13:15 am »
Man my list has changed in 2 years. I'm going to have to give this some thought and come back to update it.
   Same here. I looked at mine and it was posted 2016 and definately has changed now
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Xaarvaxus

• Decks
« Respuesta #22 en: Julio 09, 2019, 03:38:22 am »
Huh, and I was thinking of starting something similar to this just the other night.....

In no particular order:

Braids, Cabal Minion - I might have to reassemble some old casual decks to be able to play this EDH banned card
Survival of the Fittest - ultimate  creature toolbox search, play Fauna Shaman a lot as well
Gravecrawler - the best sac fodder this side of a goblin
Stampeding Wildebeests - typically bounced Wall of Blossoms or Uktabi Orangutan back in the day, Acidic Slime currently
Sun Titan - so many good things to bring back directly to play
Volrath's Stronghold - a bit slow nowadays but I think I still have every copy I own in decks
Recurring Nightmare - see Braids
Acidic Slime - toolbox rattlesnake
Jokulhaups - boom goes the dynamite
And for no real reason that I could ever explain, Reflecting Pool

Emphasis on older cards and ones that blow up/nuke everything or reuse/recycle things.  Plenty of other cards I really like but these have the weight of nostalgia in their favor.

Will add an honorably mention for Animate Dead for the purpose of reviving this thread.  :P

ApothecaryGeist

• Decks
« Respuesta #23 en: Julio 09, 2019, 05:00:28 am »
10) Batterskull - I really like the combination of living weapon, vigilance, and lifelink
9) Thief of Blood - because it kills ALL the planeswalkers and gets you a big dude.  I haven't played with The Elderspell yet.  Could replace Thief of Blood.
8) Darkness - Better than green fog because people forget it exists
7) Shatterstorm - another oldie but goodie that people forget about.  It's fun blowing up ALL the artifacts.  I also like the green counterpart - Creeping Corrosion.
6) Thran Dynamo - my favorite mana rock for producing more than 1 mana
5) Forcefield - great defense against voltron decks
4) Fork - I like this better than Reverberation just because of the rules quirkiness that the copy stays red.
3) Weathered Wayfarer - tutors up ANY land, EVERY turn
2) Mana Drain - Counterspell PLUS mana ramp!!!
1) Mishra's Workshop - The best land EVER!!!!

It seems a lot of my favorites are from waaayyy back in the day
Happy Brewing!
:)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Respuesta #24 en: Julio 09, 2019, 06:10:18 am »
1- Champion of Lambholt - very underrated IMO
2- Archangel of Thune - I love gaining life and +1/+1 counters
3- Counterspell - the original
4- Plaguecrafter - an upgraded Fleshbag Marauder
5- Bloodbond March - a beast in my Karador Apostles deck
6- Kalonian Hydra - did I mention I love +1/+1 counters? 
7- Dreadbore - destroy target creature or planeswalker? thank you
8- Vampire Nighthawk - just an absolute menace
9- Sidisi, Brood Tyrant - who doesn't love zombies
10- Intuition - is there anything better than giving your opponents a near impossible choice?
This space for rent.

CleanBelwas

• Decks
« Respuesta #25 en: Julio 09, 2019, 10:50:51 am »
I'd forgot all about Kalonian Hydra. What a card.

My friends and I once came up with a deck building challenge for the quickest (non-infinite) Helix Pinnacle win possible in mono green.

My idea was a big Kalonian Hydra, which then Bioshift-ed those counters onto Marwyn, the Nurturer. And Doubling Season for good measure. I forget what the math was but in a perfect world it could do it turn 6 or 7 or something. I have no doubt there are better ways but the idea of it with that big Hydra doubling up sounded like a lot of fun to me.

crimsonking

• Decks
« Respuesta #26 en: Julio 10, 2019, 11:03:44 am »
10. Marchesa, the Black Rose
One of the coolest and most versatile commanders. You can play persist/undying shenanigns, you can play modular artifacts, you can pack a bunch of board wipes and play stax. Additionally, she's in Grixis so you can even go Doomsday. You name it.

9. Goblin Grenade
Best card from a cool but underrated set (power level is not everything, guys). So sad it never made the cut when Goblins were rampant in Legacy.

8. Recurring Nightmare
Reanimation is my favourite strategy and this is one of the best cards available. Its effect is both weird and cool. I'd like to see it unbanned in EDH one day. After all, I don't see why Food Chain is fair game and this one is not.

7. Land Tax
I'm not especially fond of white, but this card is just bonkers. You play white in EDH? Sol Ring, Land Tax, then you can start thinking about the rest.

6. Hypnotic Specter
I love black, and back in the days this was the best creature available, by far. I got really upset when it got nerfed by Vampire Nighthawk (power creep is bulshit).

5. Coffin Queen
She's my pet card in EDH. She's a repeatable reanimator, she's both a zombie and a wizard (two super-relevant tribes in EDH), she can even act as graveyard hate... She does so much I don't understand why people don't play her more.

4. Living Death
Living. Death. Kind of self-explanatory. :)

3. Dark Ritual
As I said, I'm mainly a black player and Dark Ritual just enables so many strategies that won't otherwise be viable.

2. Life from the Loam
It's cool, it's versatile. I hate dredge in general, but I do love this one. It's just dredge done right. I end up putting it in almost every deck.

1. Pox
Coolest card ever. I can't imagine anything that feels more cruel in the entire game (maybe apart from Hecatomb, but I've never got to build a functional deck with it, so...). Additionally, it requires a fair amount of setup and strategy to play it correctly. It's my Legacy deck in real life for a reason.
« Última modificación: Octubre 16, 2019, 07:13:58 pm por crimsonking »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Respuesta #27 en: Julio 10, 2019, 01:51:40 pm »
No particular order
lol besides this one, always loved this card.
1 Blasphemous act , nothing says creature distruction especially if you get it out for 1
2 Karn liberated nothing says defensive especially for 10 loyalty used ability of course
3 Deflecting Palm nothing says redirect you beat stick damage back at ya
4 Knowledge Pool nothing says what's in exile to play
5 Primordial Hydra nothing says If I am not taking care of I will stomp your ass
6 Doom Blade nothing says a personal favorite of everyone cause we've all used it
at least once
7 Royal Assassin nothing says go ahead and attack and die instantly
8 Reassembling Skeleton nothing says all time favorite sac creature
9 Volition Reins nothing says I take anything but also saw this when I
first started playing
10 Path to exile nothing says 1 drop get rid of "THAT!!"

1:) Stays the same Blasphemous act. Usually 1 mana for destroying loads of stuff
2:) Also the same Karn liberated. Was the very 1st planeswalker I owned
3:) Still on my previous list. Volition Reins was the 1st cool thing I saw when I first started playing magic and stealing something from an opponent to me was cool
4:) Vorinclex, Voice of Hunger is next. It is just a fun card all around either playing it or playing against it. The idea of you or your opponents don't untap lands just makes things more strategic
5:) Permeating Mass is my favorite blocker and takes care of most ground creatures. Just about turns any creature into himself
6:) New guy on the block. Treasure Nabber. He just loves to help me ramp by taking your artifacts that help you ramp
7:) Another new card on the block. Smothering Tithe. Nothing says mana for days especially when others hardly pay the 2
8:) Teferi's Protection. I knew this card was powerful the day it was spoiled. It has saved me a good many of times
9:) Etali, Primal Storm. Turned into a beast of a commander for me. Just casting everyones stuff for free is always fun and interesting
10:) Talk about free how about Sunbird's Invocation. There is just something about casting stuff for free just makes things more exciting for me
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Shredwick

• EDH
  • Decks
« Respuesta #28 en: Julio 10, 2019, 04:14:48 pm »
When reading this keep in mind that I'm a primarily EDH player.  4, 3, 2, and 1 are in that order.  Everything else is in no particular order.

10 - Vindicate.  Destroy anything for 3 mana.  Can't be beat.
9 - Kruphix, God of Horizons.  Ramp plus no maximum hand size.  Excellent for the price.  Might build as a commander one day for shiggles.
8 - Muldrotha, the Gravetide.  An excellent commander, or utility in a deck where recursion is wanted.
7 - Jhoira, Weatherlight Captain.  Amazing card, especially in my Breya deck.  Might eventually build just her in the future, if I want to spend the money.
6 - Aetherflux Reservoir.  Lifegain plus a wincon?  I'll take it.
5 - Chromatic Lantern.  Mana fixing is awesome, especially since my decks rarely have less than three colors.
4 - Scroll Rack.  Awesome card.  I win 99% of the time I'm able to get it out.
3 - Rhystic Study.  In just about every deck I build that has blue.  It's just about a staple for me as any other card, especially in a deck that lacks draw to start.  It rarely gets cut, if ever.
2 - Panharmonicon/Yarok the Desecrated.  I'm a huge fan of ETB triggers, and anything that can get me more value for cards I play, the better. 
1 - Possibility Storm.  Favorite card in all of magic, I'm always looking for an excuse to slip it in a deck that uses red.  So far it's in 3.
A single victory is all I need.

Red_Wyrm

• I'm the boss of the forums.
  • Decks
My King Baby said yes!
I thought you'd never ask
Also, I always spell your name correctly, Red_Wurm.  :)

Please, it is Red