deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] R/U Prowess  (Read 1414 times)

Undead_7teen

• Decks
[Standard] R/U Prowess
« on: March 14, 2016, 01:34:59 am »
R/U Prowess

Anyone have advice? My first attempt at one of these type of decks. I usually run controll decks and it was hard for me not to pack this full of counters or stalls. Lol.

Thank you!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 01:46:24 am by Undead_7teen »

Frimmel

• Decks
Re: [Standard] R/U Prowess
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2016, 02:36:17 pm »
Won't the Fumaroles and Wilds slow you down? The Wilds can help you thin the deck but losing one or both of them for more islands or mountains seems like it would be faster.

Undead_7teen

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2016, 04:14:33 pm »
You think running all basic lands would speed the deck up? My concern was what if I hit all Island or all Mountain in a game and I needed the other color to play 1 of eight dual color creatures.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 05:22:12 pm »
I don't really know. With a deck like this it seems you don't ever want to miss a chance to cast your next spell or more than one spell. I did some "Starting Hands" and never liked seeing the Evolving Wilds. Maybe that is just me though. I'd be inclined to keep the Fumaroles and change the Wilds to some combination of Islands and Mountains and see how it plays. Or change the Wilds to Shivan Reef.

Are you going to get in a bind with the right colors more than you're going to "miss a turn" by having a land come in tapped? I'm just back to MTG with Oath in January after some considerable time away and the things I keep coming back to so far are "more removal" and "more speed."

Undead_7teen

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2016, 06:00:53 pm »
I have to agree with you there, Shiven Reef is possibly best in that slot. Zendikar didn't give R/U a buddy land, which kinda put me in a bind when it comes to mana. Playing one on turn three would have been great.