deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] The First Good Hedron Alignment Deck  (Read 6834 times)

Bradley.B

• Decks
There are a few reasons, I'll add them to the description after this :))
The main reason Eerie Interlude is in the deck is to protect Starfield of Nyx when I have two out and say someone casts a creature only board wipe you can exile your Starfield of Nyx so your enchantments aren't creature or exile enough so you have four or less. It also works well with Planar Outburst, so if you exile your creatures during your opponents end step so when you use Planar Outburst it won't destroy any of your creatures.
The other benefit when they or you cast a board wipe you can exile your Stasis Snare and Silkwrap putting what ever you exiled with them in the first place back on to the field ready to be wiped away and then at the end step you get Stasis Snare and Silkwrap back.

The last reason is already in the description (last paragraph).

Bradley.B

• Decks
I'm curious, why you are running Eerie Interlude?

There are a few reasons, I'll add them to the description after this :))
The main reason Eerie Interlude is in the deck is to protect Starfield of Nyx when I have two out and say someone casts a creature only board wipe you can exile your Starfield of Nyx so your enchantments aren't creature or exile enough so you have four or less. It also works well with Planar Outburst, so if you exile your creatures during your opponents end step so when you use Planar Outburst it won't destroy any of your creatures.
The other benefit when they or you cast a board wipe you can exile your Stasis Snare and Silkwrap putting what ever you exiled with them in the first place back on to the field ready to be wiped away and then at the end step you get Stasis Snare and Silkwrap back.

jasonkylebates

• Decks
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't thinking about Starfield of Nyx. That makes far more sense than what I had imagined.

PacksOfIceAgeAtEB

• Decks
Also, there is an off chance that you have two hedron alignments in play, and they are creatures b/c of starfield of nyx; you play erie interlude during your opponents end step and there you go, hedron alignment in exile, if you need it to be.  Though that will likely happen...never.

Bradley.B

• Decks
Also, there is an off chance that you have two hedron alignments in play, and they are creatures b/c of starfield of nyx; you play erie interlude during your opponents end step and there you go, hedron alignment in exile, if you need it to be.  Though that will likely happen...never.

You are right to say it seems very unlikely to happen but it can happen sometimes and its nice to have a plan if it does happen. With the amount of card draw with Oath of Jace, Anticipate and Hedron Alignment (scry 1 not card draw) you'd be surprised how it changed from being very unlikely to just unlikely. :')
Also remember you will be making sure you opponent isn't doing a lot because of your Stasis Snare, Silkwrap, Pacifism and counter spells so you will be buying time with these cards.
In unfortunate event of not getting your key card Starfield of Nyx to pull of some cool tricks you can rely on Myth Realized to win the game. With it not being able to be hit by sorcery speed removel and every card in the deck apart for lands being a non-creature it will get huge and fast.
Would you not include hedron alignment in the deck or would you change something else ?? I'm interested to hear your thoughts :).