deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Kenji Vamps List  (Read 1610 times)

Frimmel

• Decks
[Standard] Kenji Vamps List
« on: April 11, 2016, 06:45:22 pm »
Kenji Vamps List

Found in an article on mtggoldfish listing fourteen decks by Kenji for SOI standard. This looks like a good place to start with this. With the exception of Olivia it is well within budget.

So what to add with only one Olivia and feeling it is light on removal? Murderous Compulsion seems a good fit.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Kenji Vamps List
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2016, 08:26:40 pm »
I dunno about Murderous Compulsion. It's not much good for clearing blockers.

More copies of Avacyn's Judgement, maybe?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2016, 09:01:55 pm »
If you add malevolent whispers and indulgent aristocrat then you can steal their creatures, sac them for your vampire's effect AND make your whole team of creatures stronger.  Also alms of the vein and twins of maurer estate (a good 3-drop for 3/5) would be good since you've got the madness theme going with this deck. Add some macabre waltz for creature recursion and you should be set.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2016, 09:48:06 pm »
I dunno about Murderous Compulsion. It's not much good for clearing blockers.

More copies of Avacyn's Judgement, maybe?

Well you're going to play it often for it's Madness cost at instant speed. It is mostly a combat trick in that context though. Good point about not clearing blockers. I also like it because it fits the theme of the deck.

Malevolent Whispers is certainly something to consider for the deck.

Twins of Maurer Estate and Incorrigible Youths make good discards to flip Heir of Falkenrath. I'm not digging the alms of the vein idea. It needs more card drawing Tormenting Voices or a bigger finisher. The deck as I've stolen it here seems caught between mid-range and aggro and I'm not sure how to get it more in one of those directions. Alms might do for more mid-range.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 11:58:45 pm »
   Aggro focuses more on the creatures, Control focuses on the opponent, Mid-Range delves in both areas. Depending on how you want to pull the deck just ask yourself: What's the most important part of your deck? The alms of the vein can be used for its madness and give you discard outlets for your vampire spells. Also if you're adding rush of adrenaline and lightning Axe (while sanguinary mage is on the field) to your deck then not only are one of your vamps getting trample but if you use those spells while its on the field you'll get prowess triggers and in the end you're still getting life gain.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2016, 02:16:58 pm »
   Aggro focuses more on the creatures, Control focuses on the opponent, Mid-Range delves in both areas. Depending on how you want to pull the deck just ask yourself: What's the most important part of your deck? The alms of the vein can be used for its madness and give you discard outlets for your vampire spells. Also if you're adding rush of adrenaline and lightning Axe (while sanguinary mage is on the field) to your deck then not only are one of your vamps getting trample but if you use those spells while its on the field you'll get prowess triggers and in the end you're still getting life gain.

Very good points. I'm not going to get this together in time for tonight's weekly Standard tourney but there does look like something interesting to play at any rate in this. Sanguinary Mage seems a good fit. Discard a Fiery Temper to pump the Ravenous Bloodseeker, cast the temper, and trigger Prowess on the Sanguinary Mage. Certainly a lot of tasty vampire flavor options.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2016, 02:32:03 pm »
Indeed. Best part about tribal decks from Innistrad, they're easy to build. It won't take you 7 hours to put together a god Vampire deck at all. All you have to do is know what you want the deck to do. Any other back-up plans either factor that into the deck itself or put those cards into the side board.