deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Bant Company (need help)  (Read 1787 times)

SeDuKon

• Decks
[Standard] Bant Company (need help)
« on: April 10, 2016, 05:10:56 pm »
Hey guys this deck is extended and I am turning it into a standard deck. Flooded stands, windswept heath, and wingmate roc are whats making the deck extended. Any ideas what I can replace them with? Any help would be appreciated.

Bant Company

Bane2k4

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Bant Company (need help)
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2016, 08:37:11 pm »
In all honesty, there isn't really a replacement for the fetch lands, Standard is much slower, and much harsher on tri-colour+ decks now. Your best bet is the likes of Evolving Wilds and Warped Landscape, switching to basics over duals and being more selective on your choice when fetching. You could also run Traverse the Ulvenwald and/or Sylvan Scrying as a way of mana-fixing.

For Wingmate Roc, either try Hanweir Militia Captain/Westvale Cult Leader if you, as you seem to be, aim to flood, and want a beater, or Pious Evangel if you really want the lifegain effect, also netting you a Zulaport Cutthroat like effect in your colours.

I think the deck can definitely still work in standard, and I really like the build, but you'll obviously need to adapt your plays a bit for the changes!

SeDuKon

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2016, 08:46:15 pm »
Thanks for the help I'll have to try it out but I am changing the the jace's around from Jace, Vryn's Prodigy to Jace, Unraveler of secrets due to the price of prodigy being almost 100 a piece.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2016, 10:02:39 pm »
You could just drop the white. Dromoka's Command and Reflector Mage are nice to have, but there's a lot to be said for consistency.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2016, 02:43:58 am »
Archangel Avacyn for Wingmate Roc if you can afford them. Those broke me this past FNM at a tourney in this same deck.
This space for rent.

SeDuKon

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2016, 01:33:56 pm »
I actually pulled 2 Archangel Avacyn out of my box so I could do that