deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: GW Casual Decklist - Suggestions?  (Read 27331 times)

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
Re: GW Casual Decklist - Suggestions?
« Reply #75 on: April 22, 2016, 04:24:48 am »
On the other hand, if I drop one of the Ajani's Pridemate, then when I do get lifegain cards, the life gain wont really go anywhere, since the point of the game isn't to rack up life total.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #76 on: April 22, 2016, 04:37:16 am »
Which two of these four are the best fitted to my deck?
Grand Abolisher
Copperhorn Scout
Goldmeadow Harrier
Anafenza, Kin-Tree Spirit

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
Re: Green-White - Comments
« Reply #77 on: April 22, 2016, 04:59:02 am »
BTW I decided to keep all three Ajani's Pridemate. It's a decent creature by itself, even without the lifegain buffing. It'll get me through to the middle game.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #78 on: April 22, 2016, 05:34:34 am »
   Looking at the cards in the deck I would recommend keeping the grand abolisher. This way at least on your turn your opponent cannot activate card effects while your trying to set yourself up on your turn. Also if your deck is focused on using life gain as a method for achieving victory rather than a win condition then you should consider adding cards such as tandem tactics, hopeful eidolon, ondu rising, tenacity, mortal's ardor, dawnbringer charioteers, swift justice and angelic skirmisher would be good additions to the deck. This way your life link happens more often.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #79 on: April 22, 2016, 06:08:32 am »

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #80 on: April 22, 2016, 06:13:11 am »
Haha... If Copperhorn Scout gets vigilance, that's an untapping loop, isn't it?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #81 on: April 22, 2016, 06:53:39 am »
2 things; 1) Yes I recommend the copperhorn scout. 2) If it has vigilance and attacks then it just stays untapped. Now every time it attacks every OTHER creature will untap so the OTHER creatures attacking with it will THEN untap. So basically your one creature is giving all your other creatures vigilance.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
Re: Mid-Range GW - Comments
« Reply #82 on: April 25, 2016, 01:44:09 am »
I just made a bunch of edits to this deck, so please take a look and give feedback.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #83 on: April 25, 2016, 02:58:38 am »
The main focus of the deck is now 1/1 counters. Lifegain is pretty much gone.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #84 on: April 25, 2016, 03:01:34 am »
So did my deck as a whole get stronger or weaker? Why or how?

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #85 on: April 25, 2016, 06:15:12 am »
  The deck actually looks pretty good. You've got a game plan down and your cards seem to share a similar theme and concept. If you find some ways to add GREEN creature recursion to your deck and WHITE spells that make your creatures indestructible or just to protect them better then your deck may become a bit more sturdy.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #86 on: April 26, 2016, 03:40:14 am »
Yeah. So I have my two Gift of Immortality and my Loxodon Hierarch for creature recursion. Abzan Falconer gives flying. Archetype of Courage gives first strike. Bow of Nylea gives deathtouch. And Path of Bravery, Cathars' Crusade, and Frontline Medic give other buffs to my cards.

As for removal spells... My Qasali Pridemage can get rid of enchantments and artifacts. My Hidden Dragonslayer can get rid of big creatures. Archon of Justice paired with Gift of Immortality gives an exile loop.

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #87 on: April 26, 2016, 03:52:46 am »
Ok some questions about rules:

1. I have Ajani, Caller of the Pride and Cathars' Crusade. I use Ajani, CotP's ultimate to summon, let's say, 20 cat tokens. So then do I get to put 20 +1/+1 counters on all my creatures? And if I have Hardened Scales too, then do I put 21 counters or 40 counters? And if I have Enduring Scalelord as well, how many counter do I put on it?

2. With the above example, if I also have Altar of the Brood, then does the opponent discard 20 cards from their library?

3. I have a monstrous Hundred-Handed One with and equipped Godsend, so it is a 9/11 with reach and can block 100 creatures. My opponent attacks with 11 flying 1/2 Bat tokens. I block them all with Hundred-Handed One. But Godsend lets me exile one of them, so do I exile before the bats deal damage, or after? If I exile a bat before, then Hundred-Handed One takes only 10 damage and doesn't die, but if I only get to exile after the damage resolves, then everything ends up dead and then I exile a bat token.

4. I have a Fleecemane Lion and a Bow of Nylea. I attack a Phyrexian obliterator with my Fleecemane Lion (which now has deathtouch). How many permanents do I sacrifice? 1 or 5?

5. If I morph my Hidden Dragonslayer and destroy the Phyrexian Obliterator, I don't have to sac anything, right?

6. If I cast Arrest on a creature, what can the creature do? Can it, for example, be tapped for Convoke? And what counts as an "Activated Ability."

7. Last one for now... If I have Hardened Scales and I cast a Servant of the Scale, does it enter as a 1/1 creature or a 2/2 creature?

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #88 on: April 26, 2016, 04:26:41 am »
I think I will be buying my cards from TCGPlayer... Anyone ever bought from there? I am getting Near Mints and Lightly Playeds. Do the cards come in pretty good condition? Not sure what a Lightly Played looks like...

OceanSky

• A casual MTG player
  • Decks
« Reply #89 on: April 26, 2016, 04:31:02 am »
I gave up lifegain as part of my deck, so which is better: Citadel Siege or Path of Bravery?