deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Help me build this deck  (Read 6808 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: Help me build this deck
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2016, 06:20:06 am »
  @EBWonder, Thank you for pointing that out, I must of misread it because i thought it milled BOTH players, then milled the opponent if Delirium was hit. That really does change things as far as speeding through the deck. But it would be a good way to steal resources from the opponent. Are there any cards from the BFZ block that exiles the ENTIRE graveyard? If so then delirium decks are gonna be in trouble.

@Mat Montgomery, the closing of the block did have a different feel to it but they did well with some of the synergies. For example, I didn't like how some of the creatures effects (for the black creatures) required you to TAP your creatures to use their effects. Now the rally triggers were good but I felt like against the ELDRAZI, tapping your creatures was like asking for damage to the face.

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2016, 02:09:35 pm »
Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet - When a non-token creatures your opponent controls die, exile it and put a 2/2 black zombie in play under your control.

aside from that, nothing I know of
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 02:11:32 pm by EBWonder »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 03:55:31 pm »
  Wouldn't it be cool if we re-visited Theros and they introduced a new mechanic such as this: Play an enchantment, exile a creature/spell from your graveyard. When that enchantment is destroyed bring that creature to the battlefield tapped or cast the spell without paying for its CMC. It would add a new dimension to the game because you'll be playing with your removed from play area as well as your graveyard.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2016, 04:42:46 pm »
OK
2 things
1. This isn't a pissing contest over which block is better or not. It's about building a deck.
2. By finishing move I am looking at needing at least 7 creatures I the graveyard for this to work. Be casting Gravepurge on my opponents turn I still draw a card and then my regular draw. I figure for a finisher to do 6-10 damage I need at least 7 creatures I the graveyard

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2016, 06:53:19 pm »
 @bigdogch, just sparking some interesting conversation is all. But if you want your finisher to be big then you'll need plenty of mana for the x cost (that means 2 damage per creature = 5 creatures which means you'll need a minimum of a least 6-7 mana to pull off the move). That means a late game finishing move that hopefully your opponent won't stop or see coming. Best bet is to make this deck U/B zombies since, like I posted earlier, it gives you board state and you can get death triggers off your creatures when they hit the grave.

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2016, 07:14:44 pm »
I'm just pointing out that if kalitas, traitor of ghet is out, your combo is mostly sunk.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2016, 10:00:20 pm »
@bigdogch, just sparking some interesting conversation is all. But if you want your finisher to be big then you'll need plenty of mana for the x cost (that means 2 damage per creature = 5 creatures which means you'll need a minimum of a least 6-7 mana to pull off the move). That means a late game finishing move that hopefully your opponent won't stop or see coming. Best bet is to make this deck U/B zombies since, like I posted earlier, it gives you board state and you can get death triggers off your creatures when they hit the grave.

G.  just trying to have a bit o'fun myself.  Not taking this too seriously.  I do appreciate all the suggestions.
That I take seriously.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2016, 06:32:34 am »
  No prob man, didn't want you thinking we were high-jacking your thread (which we tend to do occasionally), but it helps anyone that read it so it works out. Have you built a deck yet or are you still fishing for cards?

Mat Montgomery

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2016, 06:35:43 am »
  @EBWonder, Thank you for pointing that out, I must of misread it because i thought it milled BOTH players, then milled the opponent if Delirium was hit. That really does change things as far as speeding through the deck. But it would be a good way to steal resources from the opponent. Are there any cards from the BFZ block that exiles the ENTIRE graveyard? If so then delirium decks are gonna be in trouble.

@Mat Montgomery, the closing of the block did have a different feel to it but they did well with some of the synergies. For example, I didn't like how some of the creatures effects (for the black creatures) required you to TAP your creatures to use their effects. Now the rally triggers were good but I felt like against the ELDRAZI, tapping your creatures was like asking for damage to the face.
thats exactly what i mean. playing allies in the second half of the block was a risk because most of your value would come from the battle pack which got drafted last

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2016, 06:46:52 am »
  Good point. The safest way to use the new allies, in my opinion of course, would be to build whatever deck you wanted but always adding WHITE mana to the deck. This way you can play unified front and retreat to Emeria. Both of these cards are great at ALLY TOKEN generating. This way you'd always have a target to tap and not have your main blockers or attackers defenseless.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2016, 04:32:57 pm »
  No prob man, didn't want you thinking we were high-jacking your thread (which we tend to do occasionally), but it helps anyone that read it so it works out. Have you built a deck yet or are you still fishing for cards?

1st of all, still fishing.  The more I play at Cockatrice and see blue, I am leaning zombie, although I am not thrilled w/ most of the zombie creatures
2nd.  When I got back into Magic a few years ago the 1st deck i build was an Ally deck and IMO is still my best deck.  The Zendikar allies has much more synergy between them that do the BFZ ones and I really was disappointed in the new ally

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2016, 05:01:27 pm »
  Well  why not lean in that direction then, play what you know best.

bigdogdch

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2016, 07:09:21 pm »
Looking at early returnsl and I'm looking at mostly black with a splash of blue
I will post it once I completed it

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2016, 06:19:40 am »
   That's really what most zombie decks would look like if being based off of innistrad. But you definitely do that when its done.