deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Ghost quarter question  (Lu 3160 fois)

Bobtheblade

• Decks
Ghost quarter question
« le: Avril 14, 2016, 09:47:25 pm »
if someone activates ghost quarter on one of my lands can I activate my own ghost quarter targeting their ghost quarter?

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
Re: Ghost quarter question
« Réponse #1 le: Avril 14, 2016, 10:13:17 pm »
Yes. Although if what they are originally targeting is your ghost quarter, you should let theirs resolve so that you get a basic.

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Avril 14, 2016, 10:14:19 pm »
And theirs will not resolve i should add.

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Avril 14, 2016, 10:15:07 pm »
And theirs will not resolve i should add.
That is if you do activate your ghost quarter on theirs.

Bobtheblade

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Avril 14, 2016, 10:20:50 pm »
i was thinking of their target being a collonade or other manland

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Réponse #5 le: Avril 14, 2016, 10:25:59 pm »
Then yes, you would activate it in responce to theirs and assuming nothing else stacks, theirs would not resolve. Your land would not get destroyed and you would not get a basic. Sorry if i din't make that clear enough before, i was trying to type and talk to someone and it didn't work.

Zakreon

• Decks
« Réponse #6 le: Avril 14, 2016, 10:55:54 pm »
Mark is incorrect. When the opponent activates his Ghost Quarter to destroy a land you control, sacrificing it is part of the cost. When priority passes to you, the ability to destroy a land is on the stack but his Ghost Quarter is already in his graveyard, and thus cannot be targeted.

If he targeted your own Ghost Quarter you could activate it in response to destroy a different land he controls, but then you won't get the basic land from his ability resolving

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Réponse #7 le: Avril 14, 2016, 11:22:23 pm »
Mark is incorrect. When the opponent activates his Ghost Quarter to destroy a land you control, sacrificing it is part of the cost. When priority passes to you, the ability to destroy a land is on the stack but his Ghost Quarter is already in his graveyard, and thus cannot be targeted.

If he targeted your own Ghost Quarter you could activate it in response to destroy a different land he controls, but then you won't get the basic land from his ability resolving

My name isn't mark, but yes i am incorrect. I just looked it up and asked my friend who is a judge to make sure. I appologize for the mistake.

Zakreon

• Decks
« Réponse #8 le: Avril 15, 2016, 01:45:33 am »
My name isn't mark, but yes i am incorrect. I just looked it up and asked my friend who is a judge to make sure. I appologize for the mistake.

Whoops, sorry ;D, for some reason I read your username as Mark Montgomery haha

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Réponse #9 le: Avril 15, 2016, 01:51:36 am »

Whoops, sorry ;D, for some reason I read your username as Mark Montgomery haha
lol all good. thank you for correcting me. it bothers me when i give out incorrect info.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Réponse #10 le: Avril 15, 2016, 06:49:07 am »
  Just a little fun fact guys (and listen to this ESPECIALLY if you're running a landfall deck), you CAN use ghost quarter on one of your own lands and get another land from your deck. This will help with mana fixing and will give you an extra land drop on your turn.

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Réponse #11 le: Avril 15, 2016, 07:06:44 am »
  Just a little fun fact guys (and listen to this ESPECIALLY if you're running a landfall deck), you CAN use ghost quarter on one of your own lands and get another land from your deck. This will help with mana fixing and will give you an extra land drop on your turn.
very true, however it does set you back a land drop so you have to weigh the benefits versus the risks at the time. the only time i would do it without hesitation is if the landfall ability wins you the game or if you need a different colored land to activate a combo.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Réponse #12 le: Avril 15, 2016, 07:18:41 am »
    That's exactly my point. If you're playing a R/G elemental deck and all you've got so far are the forests, use ghost quarter to sac a forest and you'll get your mountain. Do it in the same turn and creatures such as tunneling geopede and grove rumbler will get DOUBLE LANDFALL triggers. This works especially well with the retreat to kazandu and retreat to valakut enchantments. Also if you've got your mana base set already and you don't need much more mana to actually run the deck (meaning the game has dragged out to the point that you have too much mana) then start sacrificing those lands.