deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: First FNM in new Standard with SOI?  (Read 6095 times)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: First FNM in new Standard with SOI?
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2016, 12:09:16 am »
     Well I wish you the best as far as deck builds go.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2016, 04:03:52 pm »
  Wait so the local game stores you go to have Sealed Draft tournaments multiple times a month? I thought they only did that during pre-release season?

My FLGS does a booster draft every Monday (if enough guys show up.) The less close FLGS does one a month for a FNM.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2016, 04:34:20 pm »
   I just talked to my local game shop and they do booster drafts multiple times throughout the month as well. That's definitely something I'd be interested in doing.

matothias

• THUG LIFE
  • Decks
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2016, 05:56:10 pm »
My LGS does FNM draft and standard(draft first week, then standard, then draft, etc) every friday and I go most of the time. Its a good place to try decks in the real world without being at a huge tourney and getting last lol:)

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2016, 06:30:33 pm »
First weekly standard tourney last evening had werewolves taking top two spots (only six guys this week.) I played my U/<> eldrazi deck.

One blue-green clue deck with Tireless Tracker, Erdwall Illuminator, and Confront the Unknown. I flipped a Westvale Abbey against it in the first game without it quite registering what it did, got rolled in the second as the number of clues just exploded. Won the third as he got mana flooded and I'd held my counter-spell and popped the first Tracker.

Werewolve match was a disaster as I drew ten lands in fourteen cards first game after ditching a no-land initial hand, and then got stuck on three lands, my one-drops and removal in the second. Two lands and a crap ton of removal had me starting in a good spot but the board stalled and a Reality Smasher languised in my hand. I kept removing everything and chipping away with a Skyspawner but then he got wide and dropped Zada.

Duskwatch recruiter and then he drew an instant for a Zadra trigger. Frustrating as all get out game.

CowsMooingNSuch

• Decks
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2016, 06:40:01 pm »
The store i go to only does draft for fnm. I drafted bant clues and went 2-1. After me and some people played edh and i won twice.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2016, 06:46:00 pm »
My LGS does drafts every Wednesday and Friday. Standard is Tuesday and modern on Thursday. Saturday and Sunday is a hodgepodge of events.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

ep1cn00b

• Strive 2 be strange Refuse 2 be normal!
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2016, 06:59:58 pm »
The cool thing about my LGS is that a draft can break out at any time. Get enough people who are interested and he will be like "Ok, looks like we are drafting" haha

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2016, 03:06:43 am »
  Wait so the local game stores you go to have Sealed Draft tournaments multiple times a month? I thought they only did that during pre-release season?

Sure, just have to know where to look. The local store I frequent had 5 pre releases in 2 days.
The store is doing the PTQ with 2 others this Saturday at the Holiday Inn. So in essence I could play in
2 standard tournament and a sealed draft. I do believe entry fee is 40 dollers per. I allready met my goal of
not winning a single match. Lol no way to dissapoint myself that way and anything else is just a bonus.
It's in Concord N.H for those possibly close enough to come. Yes the state capitol is holding a magic the
gathering PTQ :) Weakend after is in Rochester N.H but that one is just sealed.

Thanks Gmoto, I do have a deck idea I am going to toss at everyone soon. Definately needs help,
been in my brain and storming on it for 2 days now. Just gonna depend on what cards I get these up and coming
sealed drafts.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2016, 05:20:05 am »
 @robort, no problem man. Just give me the heads up and I'll be on it.