deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Favored Hoplite and Acolyte's Reward  (Read 1443 times)

thisisboo

• Decks
Favored Hoplite and Acolyte's Reward
« on: February 19, 2014, 09:20:40 pm »
I have a question regarding a scenario with Favored Hoplite and Acolytes Reward

If Hoplight is being blocked by a creature and I cast Acolyte's Reward , can I send X damage back to a creature or since Hoplite's Heroic was triggered and all damage is prevented, Acolyte's Reward can no longer prevent the three damage and send the damage back?

Striker625

• Decks
Re: Favored Hoplite and Acolyte's Reward
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2014, 09:43:19 pm »
the heroic triggers and it gets the counter but no damage can be dealt to hoplite so none can be redirected by Acolytes Reward

AeroSigma

• Decks
Re: Favored Hoplite and Acolyte's Reward
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2014, 12:18:43 am »
Sorry, but thisisboo, you're incorrect. 

Since you control the Favored Hoplite, you get to choose how the two competing prevention effects happen, see Comprehensive Rules §616.  You can decide to have the prevention effect from Acolytes Reward take affect first; the damage is prevented, and you get to deal X damage to target creature or player.  Then the prevention from the heroic would happen, preventing any damage that wasn't stopped by Acolytes Reward (eg. you're devotion to white is only 2, but something is trying to deal 3 damage to the hoplite.)  If if you have enough devotion for Acolytes Reward to be able to prevent all the damage, the prevention effect from the heroic trigger does nothing.