deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Spirited Away - Comments  (Read 531 times)

Comment Bot

Spirited Away - Comments
« on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:31 pm »
This is the comment topic for Spirited Away.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Spirited Away.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

datevan

• Decks
Re: Spirited Away - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 05:35:31 pm »
Thoughts on how to improve? I'm particularly stumped on the sideboard.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2016, 08:24:04 pm »
   Personally playing a spirit deck I feel that if you incorporated more spirits from the shadows over innistrad set such as silent observer and more spirit tokens then you'd have a growing board presence as well as plenty of flyers to keep the enemy on their toes.

datevan

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 05:52:35 pm »
Declaration in Stone is just seeing so much play right now, with good reason of course, so I've been shying away from tokens. A lot of the other spirits are terrible, I fear. There's maybe 2 other spirits I might consider, but I felt like my end game was lacking, so I'm dropping some money and adding 2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:09:24 pm »
  Would you consider adding some black spirits to this deck? If you run this deck as Esper you'll have even more control over your opponent and be able you to even incorporate madness into your deck. Also adding Gideon just to have him wouldn't be a good choice unless you were gearing the deck around allies.

datevan

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 06:52:50 am »
Yeah, black's 2 drop spirit is fantastic, but unfortunately that's the only one. There's definitely a lack of good end game spirits (Looking at you Drogskol Calvary). Always Watching reaches the board pretty consistently, so I just don't see myself doing a lot better than Gideon for a 4 drop as it compliments all of his abilities. Being able to make tokens also gives my opponents other targets for Declaration in Stone. He's just too big a threat by himself to ignore, and dealing with him means my creatures probably aren't getting destroyed/exiled that turn. I might do a Esper for Thing in the Ice next, but I think I'm sticking to W/b on this one. Oh, and Hallowed Moonlight has made the cut for sideboard as it deals with CoCo, Tombs, Eerie, and even some Zombie decks.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2016, 08:09:42 am »
   That I can definitely see. pale rider of trostad is good for enabling either delirium or madness triggers. Also farbog revenant is good for life gain, evasion, and is also a spirit. One of the only two black spirits in this deck actually. Also think about it this way; If you're opponent is using his/her declaration in stone on your tokens then you're really not missing out much because they are so easy to make. Also it's a good diversionary tactic to save your more important creatures and to make the opponent waste a good card. Also if you investigate for each token exiled then just by spending 8 mana you get to draw 4 CARDS. That's value on YOUR end because now your opponent just gave you card advantage.

datevan

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2016, 10:13:35 pm »
Tried this at states last Saturday 4/23/16, and went 4-0-4. It held it's own pretty well and I made my fair share of piloting errors so 6-0-2 was entirely possible, and I think the sideboard could be improved a little more. Eerie Interlude looks like the solution to decks main boarding 4 full art holo Languish. -_-

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2016, 10:25:03 pm »
   Yeah that car is a nuisance to play against, even more so in control decks. So your deck did pretty well just as W/U, What did you notice about the matches that you had a draw in?

datevan

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2016, 12:16:34 am »
My early game is super weak, a good agro deck makes it really difficult to stabilize. Kytheon and Topplegiest are great openers and can have the same effect on a slower deck, but agro just rolls them, so I end up sacrificing spells and creatures to stop damage. Ojutai's Command actually saved me using both back to back to keep more creatures off the board and gain life two turns in a row, stalling past turn 5, I couldn't beat his removal all game. Another time I missed triggers for Essence Flux and Rattlechains in the same game, forgetting to put the +1 counter on right after Topple came back because I was too busy bolstering from Anafenza, and Rattlechains got targeted the moment he hit the board and I didn't declare he was targeting himself with his hexproof ability (even though he was the only creature on the board). Also, Gideon has a huge target on his face and he's essentially a 4 drop emblem to me now, and I'm okay with that.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2016, 12:30:48 am »
   So basically you need better defense for the early game and simply remembering to trigger your card's effects promptly? That's not too difficult to accomplish. There are methods that you can do this.

You can try adding uninvited geist as a good low drop that basically has two evasion effects depending on what side you play it on, dauntless cathar, spectral shepherd, and moorland drifter would also be good low drops that would give you a solid board presence and have other effects to support your mid game transition. Lastly cards such as survive the night, not forgotten (for that creature recursion), and expose evil would all be good combat tricks to add to the deck.