deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Zombies & Elves - Comments  (Read 330 times)

Comment Bot

Zombies & Elves - Comments
« on: April 19, 2016, 09:08:58 pm »
This is the comment topic for Zombies & Elves.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Zombies & Elves.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

legend9

• Boppin' some 'gik
  • Decks
Re: Zombies & Elves - Comments
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2016, 09:08:58 pm »
Looking for some help on this one. Played it a few times, never seemed to get going. Have I missed something or am I just unlucky?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 06:30:44 am »
      No it's not you its actually the deck. If you wanted to build a good Elf deck you've got it. If you wanted to build a good zombie deck then you've got it. If you want to build an Elf/Zombie deck....it's gonna take some work. A big reason this deck isn't working at its fullest potential is because both the creature types are working against each other in the deck. The elves provide good defense and recursion but the zombies only care about what's dead and are actually EXILING creatures from your graveyard. Trust me when I say this: you do NOT want to exile creatures from a B/G deck's graveyard if you can help it. Here are my recommended adjustments to your deck, hopefully with this your deck will run a bit smoother;

1) Keep ALL the elves and only the zombies that do NOT exile creatures from the graveyard. The name of the game is RECURSION, the more that you can do it the better.

2) Add more zombies such as ghoulraiser, gravedigger, highborn ghoul, maalfeld twins, polluted dead, undead executioner, and any other black zombie you come across. The trick is to add cards that typically have one direct goal but can serve multiple purposes. Also rot shambler, time to feed, touch of moonglove are also other good examples.

3) Add spells that help enhance your deck's death and recursion rate. For example, bone splinters, vampiric rites, shadows of the past can help speed through a deck pretty quick. Also the death rate will be higher and will help you gain those experience counters fast.

So with all of these recommendations what are your thoughts so far?

legend9

• Boppin' some 'gik
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 01:38:52 pm »
Sounds good. I'm still fairly new to MTG so I'll take any advice anyone's willing to give if it sounds like it'll work. I'll put something together from your comments and see how it works out. Thanks a bunch

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 06:34:46 pm »
  No problem. If you need anything else feel free to to send a post.