deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Mystery Machine  (Read 1356 times)

OldBenKenobi

• Decks
[Standard] Mystery Machine
« on: April 26, 2016, 05:08:52 pm »
So here's my standard idea, would love some feedback. I personally not very competitive in standard, just like to shake things up a bit and have fun.

Mystery Machine deck:

Mystery Machine

Find clues to win and expose Mr. Jenkins as the swamp monster.

Mid game control.

Frimmel

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Mystery Machine
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2016, 06:26:10 pm »
Briarbridge Patrol is missing. Also probably Tamiyo's Journal.

OldBenKenobi

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2016, 07:16:39 pm »
You know, those were in the first draft of the deck and ended up being pretty slow. Briarbridge patrol is great but several stars have to align to pull that off and it's not quite tough enough to be using the "investigate when dealing damage". The journal also is a 5 drop that doesn't get use until the next upkeep.

All in all, great cards for maybe a more late game strat or EDH.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2016, 07:26:21 pm »
Shouldn't you typically have three clues by the time you cast the journal?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2016, 09:03:20 pm »
 Personally I would recommend adding white to this deck and making it a Bant Mystery Machine deck. Spells such as survive the night and bygone bishop are great at clue production and they give you benefits due to how you play the deck. If you want to keep it simply G/U then graf mole, byway courier and aim high would also be good additions to the deck.

OldBenKenobi

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2016, 09:50:15 pm »
Frimmel, yes, that would be the goal! But at that point, it might be better to draw 3 than dig. Especially if I have tireless tracker on the field. What do you think?

G. Moto, i love me some white, my favorite color to play with. Not sure what to drop, the blue helps me control early aggro decks and green seals the deal mid/late game. What would you recommend?

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2016, 11:33:22 pm »
      How about this, Side board the following cards: one or both ulvenwald hydra, one or both sphinx of the final word, 2 titanic growth.
For cards to add: survive the night, bygone bishop, expose evil, puncturing light, thraben inspector, fork in the road, and definitely ulvenwald mysteries in any combination.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2016, 01:59:28 pm »
Frimmel, yes, that would be the goal! But at that point, it might be better to draw 3 than dig. Especially if I have tireless tracker on the field. What do you think?

G. Moto, i love me some white, my favorite color to play with. Not sure what to drop, the blue helps me control early aggro decks and green seals the deal mid/late game. What would you recommend?

I think it is always better to get exactly what you want than to leave it up to a random chance. Pop three clues with the journal, get your Sphinx, drop him for free with Briarbridge Patrol. Six mana for three cards or zero mana to get exactly what you need?  But questions like these are what make this game interesting.