deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Meddling Mage and Eldrazi Displacer  (Read 1515 times)

drrizzy

• Decks
Meddling Mage and Eldrazi Displacer
« on: May 11, 2016, 03:37:17 am »
Dear MTG friends on Deckstats,
I am a noob (I have only been playing since Battle for Zendikar) and I was wondering if any experts on the rules could let me know how Eldrazi Displacer and Meddling Mage interact.  Specifically,  Meddling Mage's rules text says "As Meddling Mage enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.  The named card can't be cast."  When Meddling Mage leaves the battlefield can that card be cast again?  What if Meddling Mage is bounced (by Eldrazi Displacer)?  Can you keep bouncing Meddling Mage and naming cards that your opponent can't cast?  Thank you for your help.
Steve

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Meddling Mage and Eldrazi Displacer
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2016, 04:50:19 am »
Dear MTG friends on Deckstats,
I am a noob (I have only been playing since Battle for Zendikar) and I was wondering if any experts on the rules could let me know how Eldrazi Displacer and Meddling Mage interact.  Specifically,  Meddling Mage's rules text says "As Meddling Mage enters the battlefield, name a nonland card.  The named card can't be cast."  When Meddling Mage leaves the battlefield can that card be cast again?  What if Meddling Mage is bounced (by Eldrazi Displacer)?  Can you keep bouncing Meddling Mage and naming cards that your opponent can't cast?  Thank you for your help.
Steve

What happens exactly is meddling mage's ability. Once displacer's ability goes off and now exiles the mage. The ability of mage no longer exists once mage goes to exile. Mage comes back as a new "object" and the "old" was exiled. So any ability associated with the old also ceases to exist. Then the new ability is activated. Pick a nonland card weither it be a difffrent choice or same choice from the "old" mage who no longer exsist.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me