deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Vampire or Werewolf deck?  (Read 7181 times)

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
Re: Vampire or Werewolf deck?
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2016, 04:42:36 pm »
This was very helpful. I played the vampire deck and my friend played the werewolf last night. I went 3 rounds and she won 2 and both decks were fun and had lots of potential! I tried the malevolent whispers and indulgent aristocrat combo which worked wonderfully. Thank you I really appreciate it!
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #16 on: May 14, 2016, 07:03:15 pm »
   Just glad to help man.

skeri

• Decks
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2016, 07:10:17 pm »
I'm a woman  ;) and I do appreciate the help!

diplomate79

• Decks
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2016, 07:13:42 pm »
human ;)

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2016, 07:44:31 pm »
   Oh, my apologies my lady. I was unaware, a feminine presence seems to be scarce on this forum. 

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2016, 12:11:10 am »
This was very helpful. I played the vampire deck and my friend played the werewolf last night. I went 3 rounds and she won 2 and both decks were fun and had lots of potential! I tried the malevolent whispers and indulgent aristocrat combo which worked wonderfully. Thank you I really appreciate it!

Glad it worked out. I have an older casual deck where I take control of your creature and use fling.
But here is something else with that combo. This play will give you plenty of options.
First play malevolent whispers and get creature and attack with that creature and say 2 other vampires including indulgent aristocrat. Where the opponent and if the opponent declares blockers is what's important. Because indulgent aristocrat's ability can be used during combat. Pump up those vampires as blockers are declared. If no blockers were declared, sacrifice the creature right before the end of turn. indulgent aristocrat's ability is like an instant spell and when and where to use it is endless.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2016, 06:45:35 am »
   That's great news to hear. So basically, as long as you can pay the cost (and the effect is not at sorcery speed/ only on your turn), then you can activate it at any time?

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2016, 03:17:39 pm »
   That's great news to hear. So basically, as long as you can pay the cost (and the effect is not at sorcery speed/ only on your turn), then you can activate it at any time?

Yes you can. There is no indication on the card that says "play this only as a sorcery". You could go as far as sacrificing indulgent aristocrat itself. Say indulgent aristocrat was targeted by opponent's spell that would kill it or opponent goes to put an enchantment on indulgent aristocrat. You could respond by paying 2 mana and sacrifice indulgent aristocrat. That of course if you have the mana open to pay the cost.

I like cards of this nature because of the many viable options of being able to use such abilities at just about any given time.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2016, 06:33:34 pm »
   You know I never really understood how people could do that in tournaments, as far as blocking and then sac creatures in combat but I guess it makes sense now.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2016, 08:09:28 pm »
Gmoto,
That's the thing about combat tricks. One doesn't always need instants to do combat tricks. Just knowing when to use indulgent aristocrat's ability is the trick. Changing any creature's power and toughnes by +1 permanently makes a diffrence.
With the 4 phases during combat, when to utilize such tricks can win or lose you the game.

An example: You attack with indulgent aristocrat and blisterpod, 2 mana open. Opponent has a 1/1 to block with. How and if he chooses to block makes you decide if you'd use indulgent aristocrat's ability. Say he chooses not to, the question you'd have to as is? Do I sacrifice and do 2 damage while gaining 2 life or not sacrifice while still doing 2 damage but gain 1 life?
Or should I just attack with indulgent aristocrat in hopes he blocks and then sacrifice? Saving indulgent aristocrat from dying but killing his creature and still gain 2 life. One could also stack 2 sacrifices if there is 4 open mana and 2 creatures.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 03:45:49 pm by robort »

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #25 on: May 16, 2016, 07:36:40 am »
    Interesting, I shall see to it that I implement that strategy more often as I play. I tend to run zombie decks so as far as token makers and crazy effects those might help. Thank You for the advice robort.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2016, 03:59:11 pm »
Now to take that example for another trick. You have 2 mana open, attacked with indulgent aristocrat and blisterpod. No blocks were declared and opponent has on his side of the field his 1/1 he plans on pumping up to a 3/3 when his turn comes.
So we don't sacrifice and do just 2 damage. Now on opponents turn he declares the attackers, and in response we now sacrifice the blisterpod thus making a scion which becomes our blocker for our declare blockers step.

Again everything is situational but just showing so many diffrent ways that one could use indulgent aristocrat's ability.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2016, 06:28:33 pm »
    I gotcha.

skeri

• Decks
Re: Skeri's Vampires - Comments
« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2016, 10:10:29 pm »
I just want to add that Olivia, Mobilized for War sped this sucker up a great deal. It's getting better and better slowly but surely!

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #29 on: June 02, 2016, 06:42:13 am »
   @Skeri, that's funny. Your deck getting faster slowly. Also has vamps been the only thing you tested out lately?