deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: BW Eldrazi - Comments  (Read 252 times)

Comment Bot

BW Eldrazi - Comments
« on: May 13, 2016, 03:02:09 am »
This is the comment topic for BW Eldrazi.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für BW Eldrazi.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

darkwizard

• Decks
Re: BW Eldrazi - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 03:02:09 am »
expensive

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 03:15:54 am »
Expensive indeed. Plus Vaccuumelt is an old, blue...card. Though I'm betting it isn't supposed to be part of that sideboard. Not really. It's a pretty solid build though. I've seen a number of decks like it since Oath came out. The Smasher and the Seer are annoying, plus Kalitas ends any and all recursion strategies. It's a solid deck.

Mike_cl

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 03:24:42 am »
Expensive indeed. Plus Vaccuumelt is an old, blue...card. Though I'm betting it isn't supposed to be part of that sideboard. Not really. It's a pretty solid build though. I've seen a number of decks like it since Oath came out. The Smasher and the Seer are annoying, plus Kalitas ends any and all recursion strategies. It's a solid deck.

woops! don't know how that vaccumelt got there xD (corrected)
I'm still looking for some inputs, specially regarding the sideboard

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2016, 09:05:19 am »
Like I said, it's a strong build. There really isn't a ton to change. If there are any thoughts I could offer they would mainly revolve around adding just a little more life gain. Kalitas' Lifelink is good and all, but he is a massive target for removal. What's more is that I played against a deck a little while ago that ran heavily on Llanwar Wastes (the green/black version of Cave) and they took a pretty heavy toll on his life total over the course of the game. So, maybe add or at least sideboard something like Tenacity or Ondu Rising. You could drop Self-Inflicted Wounds for that.

Another thought is to squeeze another Displacer in there if you can, maybe at the cost of one of the Stranglers. Blinking a Seer repeatedly is a fantastic way to control your opponent's hand. Maybe help mitigate their removal of your things or counters to them. It can also protect your creatures from destruction. Basically it is a very powerful ability that is at your disposal. An extra would increase the likelihood of drawing one.

Lastly, maybe a little ramp. If nothing else, than in the sideboard. Hedron Archive is a personal favorite as it drops for four mana and taps for two. It's amazing what can be done with seven mana on turn five. Other options though, could be Kozilek's Channeler or Sifter Of Skulls. Both are Eldrazi. Both work.

Those are some thoughts. The one I would feel the strongest about though is the life gain one. The guy I played couldn't get all his colors out and had to rely on those lands, which hurt him a lot. I almost felt bad because I really beat the crap out of him for it...