deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Thing Deck - Comments  (Read 658 times)

Comment Bot

Thing Deck - Comments
« on: May 13, 2016, 03:30:58 am »
This is the comment topic for Thing Deck.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Thing Deck.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

NathanJ

• Decks
Re: Thing Deck - Comments
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2016, 03:30:58 am »
So, all in all the strategy seems pretty sound. Cheap control spells and frequent Things flipping, but after playing around with it a bit it feels like land is something the deck does need more of. It almost gets away with the low ratio due to the low cost of spells but it felt like it took a lot of mulligans to get there. One less Jace and Narset and two more land might be just enough to get it rolling a lot more smoothly.

Just my thought.

Jodokas

• Live fast, love hard, & die with your mask on.
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2016, 04:05:12 am »
Thanks for the input, I'll try it out. Just pulled out the cards and put it together. Gonna play test it and see how it runs.

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2016, 08:34:13 am »
Sounds good. Test it and let me know if my synopsis was a good one. I'm curious.

Jodokas

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2016, 07:07:43 am »
So, I played 13 games with the deck as it stands, no changes. I had to mulligan 2 times. Not to bad. That's, what, 18% of the games? Though, I think, I will compromise and pull a Grip of the Roil and add an Island. I can't pull a Jace, Vryn's Prodigy or a Narset Trancendant, those are win condition cards. The card draw it crucial. I plan to play about a dozen more games over the next couple days and see how it reacts with the one additional land. I think the low mana cost helps carry it a great deal. Once I am comfortable with the main deck, I will test the side board and see how the mill works. I may scrap it, I think its weak. We shall see

Jodokas

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2016, 07:12:47 am »
Found an extra Prairie Stream, gonna use that instead of an Island. Changes made to deck already.

NathanJ

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2016, 09:59:51 am »
Hey, if it works, it works. My little brother runs a soldier tribal with a horrifyingly low mana ratio, but the deck runs amazingly well that way. We added four land and he started getting flooded. Some decks just work regardless. If yours does, that's great. It's a good one too.

Jodokas

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2016, 05:05:45 am »
Been a week, haven't had any real problems with mana shortages. I made some changes, though. Most notably, I added 2 Willbreaker to the deck. As I target my opponents creatures a lot, it seemed only logical. I can maintain control of them until a Thing in the Ice flips, if I don't get a thing out I can attack with the creatures I steal from my opponents. So far, it's pretty competitive.