deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Planeswalker weaknesses?  (Read 7946 times)

EBWonder

• Doing the voodoo that I do so well
  • Decks
Re: Planeswalker weaknesses?
« Reply #30 on: May 27, 2016, 06:10:22 am »
i thought planeswalkers can be targeted when it says player, but not opponents. or was it the other way around?

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #31 on: May 27, 2016, 02:02:53 pm »
i thought planeswalkers can be targeted when it says player, but not opponents. or was it the other way around?

You can only target a planeswalker if the card says "target planeswalker." However you may redirect non-combat damage dealt to an opponent to one of their planeswalkers. It would seem this is rule 306.7.

"306.7. If noncombat damage would be dealt to a player by a source controlled by an opponent, that opponent may have that source deal that damage to a planeswalker the first player controls instead. This is a redirection effect (see rule 614.9) and is subject to the normal rules for ordering replacement effects (see rule 616). The opponent chooses whether to redirect the damage as the redirection effect is applied."

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2016, 03:46:07 pm »
Thank you everyone for so much help in this post. This totally opened up a lot of information about planeswalkers for me. I always felt intimidated when someone played them against me because I didn't know how they worked damage-wise. That will no longer be the case. I don't personally want to play them in my standard deck right now so this was all excellent advice for playing against them. Even had some good cards and combos in there to consider ;) I appreciate it!
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #33 on: May 27, 2016, 05:11:03 pm »
   Glad you got the help you needed Skeri.