deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] B/R Vampire: Bite the hand that feeds you.  (Read 756 times)

wingless

• Decks
[Standard] B/R Vampire: Bite the hand that feeds you.
« on: May 31, 2016, 08:40:22 am »
Thoughts?

B/R Vampire: Bite the hand that feeds you.

Vampire theme with Madness/Card draw, Token/Sac, Buff/Anthem, Destroy/Burn. Low cost cards that synergize and build, while milling opponents hands for card draw. Can pump out life-link tokens, zombies, and grow Kalitas, Traitor of Ghet, or all vampires into big monsters, while using Rogue's Passage and Westvale Abbey for big swings. Sideboard in progess.

Philippe Saner

• Decks
Re: [Standard] B/R Vampire: Bite the hand that feeds you.
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 03:01:27 am »
Looks fairly solid, but...

Your manabase seems worryingly greedy. With that many colourless lands in a two-colour deck, I kind of expect things to go wrong.

Also, I think you may have too many enchantments. In a deck like this, playing so many cards with minimal board impact seems risky.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 02:12:40 pm »
Looks fairly solid, but...

Your manabase seems worryingly greedy. With that many colourless lands in a two-colour deck, I kind of expect things to go wrong.

Also, I think you may have too many enchantments. In a deck like this, playing so many cards with minimal board impact seems risky.

Agreed. I know all those lands have cool abilities but eight lands that don't make a color and four of your black sources come in tapped. I especially don't understand the Drownyard Temple.

There aren't enough creatures to fuel both the Vampiric Rites and Indulgent Aristocrat. You can't have both Creeping Dread and Call the Bloodline. Your Sea-Gate Wreckage and Mortuary Mire won't fuel that fast enough.

wingless

• Decks
Re: B/R Vampire: Bite the hand that feeds you. - Comments
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2016, 10:42:43 pm »
Yeah, after play testing it, I agree with what you are saying. The manabase never suffered, but I can see it happening.

Creeping dread is good, but its not that good and may get cut for something with more firepower. Noticed too many enchants where coming out and no creatures, which was a bit unreliable. Call the Bloodline and Westvale abbey were intended to fuel Indulgent Aristocrat, but too heavy on discard with Creeping Dread. The Asylum visitor was doing really well to counter that, however, it was risky and clunky.

wingless

• Decks
Re: B/R Vampire: Bite the hand that feeds you. - Comments
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 11:27:10 pm »
Updated, should be more controlling and less discarding.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2016, 02:27:15 pm »
   Honestly I think that you should cut out the zulaport cutthroat and replace it with something like insolent neonate or heir of falkenrath. Reason being, even though he has a good death effect that's all he really is if you're not running an ally build. Also if you add macabre waltz and alms of the vein then you can get creature recursion, drain some health and even kick off a madness trigger in the process. Last thing to mention, your mana distribution and color mana sources are disproportionate. Once you balance those out you should be good to go. Just some observations on my part.