deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Water Mill (U/G) Standard - Comments  (Read 905 times)

Comment Bot

Water Mill (U/G) Standard - Comments
« on: June 01, 2016, 10:53:07 pm »
This is the comment topic for Water Mill (U/G) Standard.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Water Mill (U/G) Standard.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Lcrouch18

• Decks
Re: Water Mill (U/G) Standard - Comments
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2016, 10:53:07 pm »
one of tags under $75 check bottom price $79
Do you even math?

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2016, 11:26:13 pm »
Are you just commenting to insult me? Why don't you write something productive, or fuck off? Prices are variable, the prices listed are estimations, only. I can more than likely purchase these cards for less than their estimated value. So stop being a prick, okay? If I wanted to be as anal as you, it would be to highlight the fact that you missed out a prepositional phase in your sentence, and it should be: "Do you even 'do' math?"

Bartley

• Greetings!
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2016, 11:53:23 pm »
Are you just commenting to insult me? Why don't you write something productive, or fuck off? Prices are variable, the prices listed are estimations, only. I can more than likely purchase these cards for less than their estimated value. So stop being a prick, okay? If I wanted to be as anal as you, it would be to highlight the fact that you missed out a prepositional phase in your sentence, and it should be: "Do you even 'do' math?"

the estimations don't always give you the price of the card based off what set its printed.   

and FYI... deck cost
Subtotal:   $65.79 on Starcitygames.com 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 11:57:55 pm by Bartley »

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2016, 12:48:21 am »

the estimations don't always give you the price of the card based off what set its printed.   

and FYI... deck cost
Subtotal:   $65.79 on Starcitygames.com

Thanks for the support Bartley. =D
I hoped people would comment for improvement suggestions to make it more efficient. =/

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2016, 08:31:29 am »
With the Sphinx, the deck is not standard legal :-/

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2016, 09:09:59 am »
With the Sphinx, the deck is not standard legal :-/

Hey! I think it is legal as long as SOI is still in Standard! Because the welcome 2016 is classed as base set, rather than an expansion! =D

http://mtgsalvation.gamepedia.com/Shadows_over_Innistrad/Welcome_2016

Kanga2roo123

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: June 03, 2016, 04:46:06 am »
The sphinx is standard legal and I love that you included it!

Yuto Kigai

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: June 03, 2016, 11:50:03 am »
Wtf...where I can get these

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2016, 05:26:59 pm »
Wtf...where I can get these

I think it's reprinted in three sets. So it shouldn't  be too hard to find. =)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2016, 06:13:05 pm »
   It seems odd for there to only be 16 cards in that set, but I guess that's just product production. Anyway on to the deck...

1)  Adding creatures that let you draw outside your regular phases can be beneficial to your deck's strategy and combos well with the artifact. IF you add reckless scholar and catalog you can draw into a lot of cards quickly and has a minimum downside. So that's draw 2 cards and discard 1 for the scholar and draw 4 cards and discard 1 for the spell.

2) I'm seeing a lot of enchantments in this deck and it can probably work towards your advantage depending on how you run them. If you decided to add WHITE to the deck (and maybe remove the Kiora and the Nissa Enchantment) then you can add cards such as bygone bishop, expose evil, survive the night, and even thraben inspector. The Clue production will be faster and you'll have a steady board state.

3) Your land choices are not that bad. Just keep in mind the color ratios that you need so your deck doesn't stall out on you due to lack of a certain color.

Really when it comes down to it, how you decide to run the deck (whether it be aggro, mid-ranged, or control) matters most. There's no point in making a whole bunch of clues just to sit on the board (unless you're playing confront the unknown).

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2016, 04:21:20 am »
   It seems odd for there to only be 16 cards in that set, but I guess that's just product production. Anyway on to the deck...

1)  Adding creatures that let you draw outside your regular phases can be beneficial to your deck's strategy and combos well with the artifact. IF you add reckless scholar and catalog you can draw into a lot of cards quickly and has a minimum downside. So that's draw 2 cards and discard 1 for the scholar and draw 4 cards and discard 1 for the spell.

2) I'm seeing a lot of enchantments in this deck and it can probably work towards your advantage depending on how you run them. If you decided to add WHITE to the deck (and maybe remove the Kiora and the Nissa Enchantment) then you can add cards such as bygone bishop, expose evil, survive the night, and even thraben inspector. The Clue production will be faster and you'll have a steady board state.

3) Your land choices are not that bad. Just keep in mind the color ratios that you need so your deck doesn't stall out on you due to lack of a certain color.

Really when it comes down to it, how you decide to run the deck (whether it be aggro, mid-ranged, or control) matters most. There's no point in making a whole bunch of clues just to sit on the board (unless you're playing confront the unknown).

Hey G.Moto. (I never get notifications on your posts, so sorry if I am not replying!) I will scan through and see what I have yet to reply to.

Actually, the welcome set is much larger but incorporates cards from current sets like Zulaport Cutthroat from Battle for Zendikar.

As for the deck, it's mostly just for standard casual at my friend's house. I like playing experimental decks. It's mostly control based, using fleeting memories, clue production and milling with Sphinx's Tutelage utilising the extra draw steps from cards like you have suggested and clue sacrifice.

Thanks for the advice on the deck, I wanted to try a mill deck that utilises green and blue, rather than splash another colour. I mean I was playing with the idea initially because Bygone Bishop fits well with the mana curve, and produces a lot of clues! but today cements the fact that I don't want to run a three colour deck, because I got destroyed at a draft FNM using one. haha I will add 'catalogue' though I will substitute ongoing investigation for it! There are a lot of blue SOI cards I was thinking of adding, (pore over the pages) unfortunately, space is finite. and the people I play with are punishing, it's London so...

« Last Edit: June 04, 2016, 04:25:32 am by Mnemosyne »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2016, 07:11:46 am »
  Wow I didn't know you were over seas, well I wish you the best of luck mate. Also if you're going for the mill then consider cards that force your opponent to draw repeatedly. This may seem like a risky strategy, but consider this: If your opponent draws all his good stuff too early then he'll have to discard. If he draws too much then his deck gets smaller and smaller. If you have discard then they won't have any resources anyway. However, if you play a strong control game where you cancel a lot of there spells and make it hard to target you then it can work out in your favor. For example, today (well friday) I played a Grixis- B/U/R style burn deck where i was actually able to save one of my creatures by using glint. Glint is standard legal and a good investment .