deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: First Modern deck build...opinions?  (Read 243 times)

jaynan

• Decks
First Modern deck build...opinions?
« on: June 11, 2016, 05:42:42 am »
I've been playing for almost a year now and am dipping my hands into modern with a zombie build.

Any opinions? Suggestions?

http://deckstats.net/decks/67233/509547-whitewalkers/en
"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: First Modern deck build...opinions?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 06:00:36 am »
   IT's not a bad build starting off. I would recommend having more interaction with your graveyard and looking more into the current and previous innistrad blocks. U/B Zombie mill decks used to be a thing where geralf's mindcrusher, rotcrown ghoul and similar creatures could rise and steal cards from the opponent. Also adding various zombie spells such as ghoulcaller's chant, gravedigger, undead executioner, and maybe even highborn ghoul. Having a good variety among your undead creatures can be just as important as building around the tribal theme. Essentially you want good creature recursion, versatility and resilience in your zombie deck. You can focus on the creatures themselves or you can even take a different approach where you can use Zombie tokens as a means of achieving your victory.

jaynan

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 06:04:32 am »
Thank you! I really appreciate your input. I'll start looking into all of that and make whatever tweaks I can.
"Someday, someone will best me. But it won't be today, and it won't be you."

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2016, 06:10:24 am »
   I'll be eager to see what you come up with.