deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Modern] House of Lamentation- YOU CAN HIDE NOTHING  (Read 566 times)

sicangu

• Decks
[Modern] House of Lamentation- YOU CAN HIDE NOTHING
« on: June 13, 2016, 03:02:32 am »
House of Lamentation

Come not between the Nazgul and his prey!  Or he will not slay thee in thy turn. He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond the darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured, and thy shrivelled mind be left naked to the Lidless Eye.

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
Re: [Modern] House of Lamentation- YOU CAN HIDE NOTHING
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 08:23:05 am »
   So i understand that the deck is mono-Black, but what is your main objective? Is it basically to go with the theme and just use spells that imply pain and misery?

sicangu

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 08:39:46 am »
Basically it is meant to rip apart creature decks and falay any creatures that stand in the way of the rack and shrieking affliction doing 6 damage per turn. And if that wasn't painful enough liliana of vess or karn can take everything held dear to the opponents side and turn it against them. The purpose of this deck is to nullify the opponent's hand and reduce his health to zero by numerous means. May it be by karn, liliana, sorin, ob nix, decimator web, the rack, using your 4 creatures or shrieking affliction.  Multiple ways to win the game. Multiple avenues for punishment.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 04:53:21 pm »
   Sounds pretty good. Have you considered adding more of the phyrexian cards such as skinrender, or maybe simple stuff like murder? You can find a lot of interesting stuff when you look through older sets. Also for the discard theme you can look at brain weevil, mind rot and similar other spells.

sicangu

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2016, 05:50:14 pm »
Thank you! I considered mind rot but I found wrench mind for 2 mana cost then I found horrifying revelation for 1 cost that basically does the same thing. Discard one from the hand and one from the library into the graveyard. Skin render would be pretty cool coupled with relentless dead. I do love the phyrexian set I have 2 phyrexian knights in my zombie deck

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2016, 07:32:25 pm »
  Sounds like a good way to play.