deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Eldrich Moon Spoilers  (Read 22429 times)

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: Eldrich Moon Spoilers
« Reply #120 on: July 12, 2016, 05:58:10 pm »
I think this set will finally make Modern Blue/White spirits a thing. With Spell Queller, Selfless Spirit, maybe Niblis of Frost, Fogwalker, and most importantly Mausoleum Wanderer, the critical mass of spirits is high enough that this can be a deck.

But I think what's going to make it go one step further than just a tribal tempo control deck is Sigarda's Aid. That's right, swords are back baby! Sword of Fire and Ice and Sword of Feast and Famine at instant speed on hexproof fliers?!?! Dreams do come true! With Drogskol Captain, Rattlechains, and Geist of Saint Traft, there's definitely something here. Or even just flashing in a Batterskull seems pretty great.

I'll definitely be making this deck at least on the site later today.

Shameless Self-Plug

I built it: https://deckstats.net/decks/63962/517371-modern-sword-spirits/en

Gonna proxy it up and start testing tonight, suggestions and comments always welcome
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #121 on: July 13, 2016, 10:25:19 pm »
OMG. School and work have been eating me alive lately so I took a brief hiatus and came back to this. Too much excitement now for the pre-release!
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #122 on: July 13, 2016, 10:29:07 pm »
OMG. School and work have been eating me alive lately so I took a brief hiatus and came back to this. Too much excitement now for the pre-release!

Welcome back Skeri! :)

Will you be attending any prerelease events this weekend?

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
« Reply #123 on: July 13, 2016, 11:24:50 pm »

Welcome back Skeri! :)

Will you be attending any prerelease events this weekend?

If I'm a good girl and I get all my crap done I will be attending on both Friday and Sunday! I REALLY don't want to miss it.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #124 on: July 13, 2016, 11:51:06 pm »
If I'm a good girl and I get all my crap done I will be attending on both Friday and Sunday! I REALLY don't want to miss it.

Great! It should be a really cool set. Going to be lots of fun.

Guess the trick not to get up to too much mischief until Friday. Or at least, don't get caught :P

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #125 on: July 14, 2016, 06:40:48 am »
  Same, I'mg going to try and get all my work done Tonight and Tomorrow so I'l be amped and ready to go. I even got this Thursday off so now I've got a 3-day weekend. It's good to have friendly co-workers. Also welcome back Skeri. If you want to catch the whole set you can go on mythicspoiler.com or on the main mtg website under the spoilers section.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #126 on: July 27, 2016, 04:43:48 am »
Finally a liliana that summons zombies. I like it since it's ultimate is krenko for zombies. I am adding her to my black, white, and red token generator. Her second ability is okay, not the best, but her first ability and ultimate are the best that I have seen in a while. Her first kills anything with X/1. I also like cryptbreaker and the new vampires. I don't know about the new meld idea, drawing two specific cards is annoying, let alone playing them.

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #127 on: July 27, 2016, 09:46:48 am »
IF you could meld VARIOUS cards instead of just two specific ones then i could see it becoming a more useful archetype. Think about it this way; ANY devil/demon creature (+) a plant or treefolk could give you a elemental horror. It could be a mechanic called "Possession", where taking creatures of a certain type could meld from your field, suspend the card of choice from your hand and then bring it into play a turn or two later. The more creatures you use the less time you have to wait. Or you could just pay a large mana cost to play the creature directly. This would be cool to see if wizards ever tries that. It'll be mixing multiple mechanics but you're taking away the weakness of one by adding the speed or strength from another.

Aldo for the Liliana build I like the W/B idea but don't you think that you'd get more play ability if you added BLUE instead of RED? Or maybe even GREEN if you want to use second harvest? Now if you're going for the aggro feel then stensia masquerade combo with graf harvest will be a nasty combo. As long as you keep your Zombies from getting board wiped you should be good.

Frimmel

• Decks
« Reply #128 on: July 27, 2016, 02:08:19 pm »
I melded for Chittering Host at my pre-release. It was certainly the high point of the day. I think meld is very interesting. It just isn't very efficient it seems in constructed. And there is the whole part of Gisela, the Broken Blade being mythic. I think meld won't see much action.

It would see more if there were limited style deck construction. If there were limits on the "bombs" you could put in a deck. Taking a chance on making Brisela, Voice of Nightmares would be worth it. It is early days with the set so...

G. Moto

• Decks
« Reply #129 on: July 27, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »
  But you know the phyrexians could probably use this to their advantage. For instances, 1 horror creature + any number of artifacts and you could get your melded creature. That or having more tutors. Not trying to make this seem like yugioh but there are some similarities as far as mechanics go.