deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Eldrich Moon Spoilers  (Read 22430 times)

Jabilac

• Decks
Re: Eldrich Moon Spoilers
« Reply #30 on: June 27, 2016, 04:02:31 am »
Two new Spoilers:

They have a Meld mechanic. Seems like you would combine these two cards to create the Flip Side called Chittering Host. Maybe this is how the Hanweir, the Writhing Township is flipped too.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #31 on: June 27, 2016, 04:21:12 am »
Two new Spoilers:

They have a Meld mechanic. Seems like you would combine these two cards to create the Flip Side called Chittering Host. Maybe this is how the Hanweir, the Writhing Township is flipped too.

Well the Meld/Flip is a 5/6 creature. Shows it on the cards. A 5/6 for a total cost of 7 mana. Then if the rats are dropped on turn 2 then waiting till turn 5 is going to be rough.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #32 on: June 27, 2016, 04:32:49 am »
Well the Meld/Flip is a 5/6 creature. Shows it on the cards. A 5/6 for a total cost of 7 mana. Then if the rats are dropped on turn 2 then waiting till turn 5 is going to be rough.

I agree with you on that Robort but those cards are marked as C so maybe this is just a lowly baby melder and the big scary R or M melders will be impressive  :)  At least I hope so. It seems like a fun mechanic to play around with as long as the payoff is worth the trouble.

nekorx7

• Decks
« Reply #33 on: June 27, 2016, 09:28:45 am »

If the rats died before turn 5, the scavengers can bring them back as part of its ETB effect? Then during that same turn (where the scavengers are cast), we would be able to meld them?

I wonder if the melded creature will have summoning sickness if the two cards are casted at different turns, where one of them is suffering from summoning sickness.

« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 09:36:59 am by nekorx7 »

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #34 on: June 27, 2016, 04:32:25 pm »
   Well the creatures are being exiled and then the new meld creature is going to enter the battlefield as a new creature so I would assume that it DOES have summoning sickness. Also this meld just reminded me a lot about yugioh. Ladies and gentlemen of the multiverse, we now have FUSION SUMMONING in MTG.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #35 on: June 27, 2016, 07:11:03 pm »
Ok so lots of spoilers today :)

Lots of information today. Some more Melding cards and Emerge cards. Interesting new mechanics in this set. I'm kinda excited about this. Definitely going to sign up for a Pre-Release now.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #36 on: June 27, 2016, 07:20:21 pm »
+ =

+ =

+ =

Some of our new Meld Cards and what they become.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #37 on: June 27, 2016, 09:21:03 pm »
I almost creamed my pants when I saw Gisela, the Broken Blade and Hanweir Battlements... that's going to be FRACKING expensive as FRACK... and it's Broken as FRACK. Pun intended...

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #38 on: June 27, 2016, 10:45:35 pm »
I almost creamed my pants when I saw Gisela, the Broken Blade and Hanweir Battlements... that's going to be FRACKING expensive as FRACK... and it's Broken as FRACK. Pun intended...

Yeah Gisela, the Broken Blade is probably the most exciting M to drop so far. 4cmc is right inside the curve for modern, 4/3 Flying, First Strike is amazing and lifelink just icing on the cake at that point. Her only weakness is 3 toughness so she is within Lightning Bolt range.  I like Hanweir Garrison + Hanweir Battlements combo as well. Hanweir Garrison for 3cmc isn't the best it could be but generating 2 1/1 tokens is nice. The haste ability from Hanweir Battlements works well with any Red based deck and the combo (if accomplished) could be fun :)

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #39 on: June 27, 2016, 11:26:05 pm »
A land that gives haste? In standard? Can you imagine Ulamog, with haste in a (R/G) standard deck? that invokes his exile trigger! It devalues reality smasher, and gives a boost a number of already powerful cards, like Thought-Knot Seer, and Avacyn! (I'm sure you think of more.)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2016, 03:23:11 am »
What a way wizards is marketing, hey buy loads of packs or buy the card itself. So keep continuing to spend money hunting the cards you need to meld. So what if they are rares and mythics, just spend the money.
So who cares for you drafters, you don't and can't get the game experience of meld as long as we get money. As long as the mechanic is cool and we have money!! We can care less
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2016, 03:55:24 am »
New Spoiler:

Kinda feels like Remand and Unsummon had a baby. Very useful card. Its a way to counter an uncounterable spell like Abrupt Decay without countering it or it lets you bounce a creature. I like it :)

G. Moto

• Helping Planeswalkers one post at a time.
  • Decks
« Reply #42 on: June 28, 2016, 09:14:03 am »
   This set has a lot of flavor to it and the eldrazi creatures are going to be dangerous as all get-up. Also for those that were speculating about the writhing township, I think that we were all literally HALF right. Since it is a melded creature it was a RED creature and a LAND. Points for creativity for wizards.

mgs3jaws

• Decks
« Reply #43 on: June 28, 2016, 12:31:58 pm »
Meld seems very unappealing, i do however think emerge is neat, and escalate reminds me of strive. With escalate you are damn near getting two spells from one card sort of. Overall emerge is nice, however i am seeing a bit of yugioh influense. Meld is like fusion monsters where as emerge remimds me a bit of sacrificing a lesser creature to summon a beefier creature. Hard to ignore the similarities.

Jabilac

• Decks
« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 04:57:11 pm »
Got a wave of new Spoilers today: