deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: That Ultimate, Though  (Read 349 times)

kurufal

• Decks
That Ultimate, Though
« on: July 06, 2016, 02:19:12 am »
Looking for tips for removal for this deck. I might replace Secure the wastes, but it's a little hard to take away from the all in factor that is Tamiyo, Field Researcher. Being able to protect the walker is huge to the success of the deck. It's pretty solid with Oath of Gideon ETB effects, but not sure if secure the wastes gets much value here. Another card i'd look into replacing for a better 1 or 2 drop is Eldrazi Displacer. Was thinking maybe some Kytheon or the like.

The idea is to turn 3 Oath of Gideon, Turn 4 Tamiyo, Field Researcher, Turn 5 protect Tamiyo, Turn 6 ultimate.

Deck: That ultimate, though

//Lands
3 Canopy Vista
4 Evolving Wilds
2 Forest
4 Fortified Village
1 Island
5 Plains
2 Prairie Stream
4 Yavimaya Coast

//Spells
3 Coax from the Blind Eternities
3 Declaration in Stone
3 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4 Oath of Gideon
4 Oath of Nissa
3 Secure the Wastes
4 Tamiyo, Field Researcher

//Creatures
3 Eldrazi Displacer
3 Jace, Vryn's Prodigy
1 Nissa, Vastwood Seer
4 Sylvan Advocate

//Sideboard
1 Emrakul, the Promised End
1 Ulamog, the Ceaseless Hunger
1 Kozilek, the Great Distortion

Display deck statistics

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: That Ultimate, Though
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2016, 07:00:10 pm »
Hi kurufal! Sweet deck, and it's cool to see you thinking ahead about to best fit the new Tamiyo into a deck. It's also quite clever to be using Coax to find the big Eldrazi and cast them for free off Tamiyo. I don't know if I can help much with removal, as Bant is pretty light on it (other than Declaration in Stone, which you already have). One Thought though is to move the Eldrazi Displacer into the sideboard and bring in something like Tireless Tracker (just to dig and be a threat). But that way, if you never find a Tamiyo, your Coax can still find a useful card that you can actually cast. Just a thought.
Good luck!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

kurufal

• Decks
Re: That Ultimate, Though
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2016, 02:29:13 am »
I'm mostly worried about taking up the 3 drop place where Oath of Gideon is so important to the deck as it provides the extra loyalty and chump blockers to more ensure the Tamiyo ultimate. I might keep in the secure the wastes and replace the Eldrazi Displacer with maybe some kytheon or maybe the new Ulvenwald Captive.

-edit- the new Spell Queller looks like it could be huge. It costs 3 mana but would act as a counter spell and a blocker if needed.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2016, 04:30:40 am by kurufal »