deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: My first deck - Insatiable Hunger (tweaked)  (Read 558 times)

sukumar_n29

• Decks
My first deck - Insatiable Hunger (tweaked)
« on: March 09, 2014, 04:17:21 am »
Hi All,

I have just started mtg, casual play with friends, not looking for tournaments/friday night MTG for now.

My first deck, Insatiable hunger, I have tweaked it a bit.
https://deckstats.net/decks/13852/73227-insatiable-hunger-tweaked-firs

Here's what I want to do further
I am aware there a few cards like Fastbond which will help my deck, but my friends and I are sticking to modern right now

Any comments or suggestions would be most helpful.
Thanks

« Last Edit: March 09, 2014, 05:53:46 am by sukumar_n29 »

Kanine of Elmo

• Decks
Re: My first deck - Insatiable Hunger (tweaked)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2014, 06:38:25 am »
From my experience I'd recommend taking 1 or 2 less land and getting a few more ramp cards so you wont be stuck drawing land when you're ready to play all those big hitters. Some non-basic lands could do really well, especially those with forest or mountain subtypes so you can fetch them or use the mountain with Koth. You can always print a proxy of a card and put in in a sleeve over some basic land or other cheap card. It can save you a lot and give you more options, just make sure your play group isn' the type to be uptight sticklers about that kinda thing.
It feels like you know where you're going with this and pretty much took all that into consideration, but some reassurance is always nice.
Cheers

sukumar_n29

• Decks
Re: My first deck - Insatiable Hunger (tweaked)
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2014, 09:02:33 am »
  I'd recommend taking 1 or 2 less land and getting a few more ramp cards

Thank you Kanine of Elmo, never thought of that ... Definitely will give me more options and will stop me pulling my hair out deciding what to replace  ;D ..