deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Red White Humans, something there  (Read 468 times)

Girlhunter2102

• Decks
[Standard] Red White Humans, something there
« on: July 28, 2016, 01:26:20 am »
Red White Humans, something there

I just think there's something there with Thalia's Lieutenant, and Hanweir Garrison. This brew is rather scatter brained but it's the first thing I've come up with involving the two cards in the same deck. You tell me how you feel or if, like Kiora there's nothing to be had.

sandrew26

• Decks
Re: Red White Humans, something there - Comments
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2016, 02:13:42 am »
Those cards definitely work well together; I think RW Humans will probably be a thing. In this deck specifically, you might look at how much gas you've got and when you expect to run out. Chandra is insurance against late game, but I think that if this deck goes past T6 without winning on the board, then Chandra isn't going to pull you out of the hole.

It seems to me that you're expecting to go for the throat on T4 after you've played Thalia and Hanweir on T2 and T3, so focusing on how you plan to spend your mana that turn is key. Collective Effort and Always Watching are the obvious plays, but that's 3 of your possibly 4 mana on T4. What are some good 1 CMC cards in standard that you could add to that turn to really maximise your efficiency?

Similarly, I think Thraben Inspector is a really great card, but if you're spending T2 investigating, then you're not spending it getting another creature on the board.

Lastly, I worry about the colour weight. Almost all your 3-drops have 2 weight, which means that you're going to be able to play either a red one or a white one, but not both. You should probably decide which colour will be the primary one, and then just add 1-weight cards from the other colour as a complement. I vote red secondary so that you can have 1 CMC haste creatures to accompany those two white buffs on T4, but you could go white secondary and instead play more for control with burn and expect to be more midrange than straight aggro.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 02:20:21 am by sandrew26 »

Girlhunter2102

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2016, 09:42:44 am »

Shznt84

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Red White Humans, something there
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 01:47:24 am »
Looks like a solid deck, since you are playing R/W, some other that I might suggest would be:

Tajic, Blade of the Legion
Skyknight Legionnaire
Odric, Lunarch Marshal
Boros Swiftblade
Anax and Cymede

I have a R/W deck that is somewhat similar and this has saved my army quite a few times:
Legion's Initiative

dokepa

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Red White Humans, something there
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2016, 06:07:31 pm »
Lone Rider and Neglected Heirloom  combo might make a good fit in here  thermo-alchemist is going to be a great card , but in a different theme than what you are using here . I think you will stay stronger sticking to the humans and stay away from spell damage seeing it is not the focus of your best intentions . Just my 2 cents either way I think red white has a future in the current rotation .

Girlhunter2102

• Decks

Girlhunter2102

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 11:40:49 pm »
I've tested it a couple times on MTGO, it is only a little over $20 afterall, and thus far at least it's undefeated. I definitely like the lone rider idea, because with titans strength you can be hitting with a 4/4 on turn 3 consistently so it adds a nice double threat. The removal package (thus far at least) has kept most things off the table. But it definitely needs some refining I won't lie about that, the combo at least works though.