deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Casual/Modern] Red Vamps Wins: To aggro? Or to go madness? Advice Appreciated  (Read 373 times)

retic

• Decks
Hi all,

With the new innistrad block vamps spoiled, I thought I could dustoff my (new and old) Red Vamp collection and take it to the nearest FNM event. :)

This is the current iteration:

Deck: Red Vamp Wins

//Lands
21 Mountain

//Spells
4 Lightning Bolt
4 Titan's Strength
3 Vampiric Fury

//Creatures
4 Bloodcrazed Neonate
4 Bold Impaler
4 Crossway Vampire
4 Falkenrath Gorger
4 Falkenrath Reaver
4 Goldnight Castigator
4 Insolent Neonate

Display deck statistics

These are my "maybe cards":
4 Rakish Heir
4 Furyblade Vampire
4 Ravenous Bloodseeker
4 Incorrigible Youths
4 Bloodmad Vampire

Of the maybeboard, the only cards I "lack" are:
Furyblade Vampire
and
Ravenous Bloodseeker

Is the current set up "okay" (for an FNM crowd?) or should I go for the Madness route?

Thanks in adv! :)
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 11:46:47 am by retic »

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
I play both aggro and madness in my current B/R vamps, but that is in standard. For your deck I would probably take a stab at the aggro and leave madness out to see what happens. Rakish Heir is great with Bloodcrazed Neonate so I would probably trade him for Falkenrath Gorger. Insolent Neonate is great for buffs since he is a one drop with menace if you hadn't considered him. I also like Bloodmad Vampire if you are trying to build counters and buff creatures. Stensia Banquet is a great tribal sorcery to consider for this and Fiery Temper is awesome if you decide to go with madness. Just my experience with Goldnight Castigator.... she will break your heart.
Time is precious, waste it wisely.

retic

• Decks
thanks for the headsup!

Hmmm... Goldnight Castigator not meeting expectations huh? I was hoping a heavy hitter by turn 4 would help the board. :)

skeri

• Do something that scares you.
  • Decks
thanks for the headsup!

Hmmm... Goldnight Castigator not meeting expectations huh? I was hoping a heavy hitter by turn 4 would help the board. :)

I thought she would be a big ole beatstick, but her abilities really suck if you lose the upper hand on them. The only real heavy hitters in vampires right now are in black. If you wanna get cheeky with Goldnight Castigator you could try to use Harmless Offering and then Fiery Temper them to death. lol
Time is precious, waste it wisely.