deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Preventing Sacrifice Mechanic?  (Lu 4036 fois)

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: Preventing Sacrifice Mechanic?
« Réponse #15 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:13:22 am »
Now the question remains, do the scions have..

602.1. Activated abilities have a cost and an effect. They are written as “[Cost]: [Effect.] [Activation instructions (if any).]”
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

keagster

• Decks
« Réponse #16 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:15:10 am »
Yes
"Sacrifice this creature: Add 1 colorless mana to your mana pool."

Jabilac

• Decks
« Réponse #17 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:16:45 am »
I meant to say, since you have to sacrifice the creature, it's an activated ability.

It is an activated ability, just like tapping a land is an activated ability... The same as tapping a Llanowar Elf.... The issue is that these are mana abilities and mana abilities do not use the stack unless they target something like Deathrite Shaman does.

Deathrite Shaman first activated ability is a mana ability that targets something so it uses the stack to resolve.
Sacrificing an Eldrazi Scion is an activated ability but it doesn't use the stack because mana abilities do not use the stack as per my comp rules quote earlier.

605.3b An activated mana ability doesn’t go on the stack, so it can’t be targeted, countered, or otherwise responded to. Rather, it resolves immediately after it is activated.

That rule right there ^ says that activated mana abilities do not go on the stack... It resolves immediately after it is activated.  Then I quoted a Magic The Gathering article posted on magic.wizards.com that says

No matter how they're created, Eldrazi Scions all have the ability "Sacrifice this creature: Add 1 to your mana pool." This is a mana ability that doesn't use the stack and can't be responded to, just like tapping a land.

That statement on the Battle for Zendikar Mechanics post states that it is a mana ability that doesn't use the stack and can't be responded to.

I don't see how this is unclear.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #18 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:17:13 am »
Found it... you were correct

Call the Scions
8/25/2015 Sacrificing an Eldrazi Scion creature token to add {C} to your mana pool is a mana ability. It doesn’t use the stack and can’t be responded to.

keagster

• Decks
« Réponse #19 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:18:29 am »
However...
This is a new rule, though:
Deathrite Shaman being brought up was dumb: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=413757
The official magic site debunks your claim

Jabilac

• Decks
« Réponse #20 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:21:57 am »
However...
Deathrite Shaman being brought up was dumb: http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=413757

How?  The very first ruling says it has a target, uses the stack and can be responded to... Just like I said.  While the gatherer site says it is not a mana ability it does produce mana and I was using it as an example of a mana ability that can be responded to.

keagster

• Decks
« Réponse #21 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:23:21 am »
However...

How?  The very first ruling says it has a target, uses the stack and can be responded to... Just like I said.  While the gatherer site says it is not a mana ability it does produce mana and I was using it as an example of a mana ability that can be responded to.
I see, I misread your comment, sorry.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #22 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:24:14 am »
lol I know better and can care less with That statement on the Battle for Zendikar Mechanics post states that it is a mana ability that doesn't use the stack and can't be responded to.

If any rule is fully unclear because they don't wish to take the time to write it in the comprehensive rules. That's where it's simplified in the oracle and much easier to understand. But producing a mana even by an activated ability to circumvent the activated ability rule. Great by me and more confusion by them

Jabilac

• Decks
« Réponse #23 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:27:37 am »
lol I know better and can care less with That statement on the Battle for Zendikar Mechanics post states that it is a mana ability that doesn't use the stack and can't be responded to.

If any rule is fully unclear because they don't wish to take the time to write it in the comprehensive rules. That's where it's simplified in the oracle and much easier to understand. But producing a mana even by an activated ability to circumvent the activated ability rule. Great by me and more confusion by them

I posted the comprehensive rule that covers the use of activated mana abilities.

605.3b An activated mana ability doesn’t go on the stack, so it can’t be targeted, countered, or otherwise responded to. Rather, it resolves immediately after it is activated.

I posted it again because you seem to ignore that I posted it several times.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #24 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:37:43 am »
Wow!! Triggered mana abilities are that fast!!

702.60b Players may activate mana abilities and take special actions while a spell with split second is on the stack. Triggered abilities trigger and are put on the stack as normal while a spell with split second is on the stack.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Réponse #25 le: Août 26, 2016, 01:39:18 am »

I posted the comprehensive rule that covers the use of activated mana abilities.

I posted it again because you seem to ignore that I posted it several times.

LOL Don't exaggerate , you are making me laugh to much now. 2 does not equate to several and neither does 3
« Modifié: Août 26, 2016, 01:41:27 am par robort »

Jabilac

• Decks
« Réponse #26 le: Août 26, 2016, 02:35:44 am »
LOL Don't exaggerate , you are making me laugh to much now. 2 does not equate to several and neither does 3

How did I exaggerate at all?  I posted that quote 3 times, in the same thread on the same day, yet you claim that it was somehow unclear and wasn't contained inside the comprehensive rules.  If anyone was exaggerating it was you.

Wow!! Triggered mana abilities are that fast!!

702.60b Players may activate mana abilities and take special actions while a spell with split second is on the stack. Triggered abilities trigger and are put on the stack as normal while a spell with split second is on the stack.

I was unaware that you could perform all special actions while a spell with split second is on the stack.  Mana abilities are specifically allowed as per the reminder text for Split Second.  The two special actions that surprise me are:

115.2e A player who has a card with suspend in his or her hand may exile that card. This is a special action. A player can take this action any time he or she has priority, but only if he or she could begin to cast that card by putting it onto the stack. See rule 702.61, “Suspend.”

115.2b Turning a face-down creature face up is a special action. A player can take this action any time he or she has priority. See rule 707, “Face-Down Spells and Permanents.”

Which means you can morph a Stratus Dancer and counter a Split Second spell... wow kind of impressive

You could also Suspend any card you could begin to cast... So if you have Teferi, Mage of Zhalfir on the battlefield you could suspend Riftmarked Knight while Extirpate is on the stack targetting a Riftmarked Knight in your graveyard.... Seriously crazy right there....