deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Gentry - G/W Humans  (Read 341 times)

Gwydi0n

• Decks
[Standard] Gentry - G/W Humans
« on: August 09, 2016, 11:56:14 am »
Gentry - G/W Humans

Gentry is a subformat of standard with it's own set of rules:

- Max 4 rares/mythics (1 off's)
- Max 15 UC

I have joined a gentry tournament with a U/B standard mill deck, but found it lacking in speed. Overall the decks were very fast paced, making it very difficult for a slow control/mill deck to compete.

In 2 weeks I will join another tournament with this deck, going for a faster style.

Any tips are welcome.

Frimmel

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Gentry - G/W Humans
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2016, 05:15:45 pm »
I'd drop the True-Faith Censers for either some sort of removal or creatures with abilties that Odric can pass around. Woodland Patrol or Byway Courier or that type of thing. There are some other commons with enters the battlefield abilities that would probably fit. Or for things like Mighty Leap and Expose Evil or Sigardian Priest.

Gwydi0n

• Decks
Re: Gentry - G/W Humans - Comments
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2016, 09:00:57 am »
I have been thinking about replacing the censers aswel. I am rather happy with the ammount of creatures I have so if I replace them it would be with some form of removal, a combat trick or an anthem effect.
For example:

- ethereal guidance
- Gideon's Reproach
- Kytheon's Tactics
- Prey Upon
- Puncturing Light

It has to fill one of my common slots, so the options are limited.
yet there are a lot of cards that could play this role. I'll do some testing with the above cards and see what turns up.

Gwydi0n

• Decks
Re: Gentry - G/W Humans - Comments
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2016, 03:36:19 pm »
Dropped the artifact in favor of 2 more 1 drops for earlier presence and 1 more island to get to 24 lands.

Revision 3

Added/removed cards:
-3 True-Faith Censer
+2 Crossroads Consecrator

Changed amounts:
+1 Plains