deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] UR Burning Visions of Things in Ice  (Read 343 times)

archfield1

• Decks
[Standard] UR Burning Visions of Things in Ice
« on: August 24, 2016, 04:06:43 am »
UR Burning Visions of Things in Ice

UR board clear + burn, open to suggestions

Frimmel

• Decks
Re: [Standard] UR Burning Visions of Things in Ice
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2016, 05:11:39 pm »
I have yet to play this deck or play against this deck but in general I'm not getting the love for Fevered Visions. It's premise and working run counter to the fundamentals of card advantage.

As to the rest I think you're going in to much on the creatures and counters. This is pretty much a straight burn "to the face" style deck. You have to get all your damage in before their deck gets going. Dispel, Unsubstantiate, and Weaver of Lightning seem candidates for more card drawing spells or burn spells.

By the time you can get Weaver of Lightning out there won't be much on the board it can kill.

Stormchaser Mage is a four-of.

archfield1

• Decks
Re: UR Burning Visions of Things in Ice - Comments
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2016, 09:24:33 pm »
The idea behind this is finding a way to make red burn work without going mono, which everyone is down on currently in Standard.  The thought behind the blue spells is keeping the opponent's hand full to get extra damage from Visions.  Aside from that, is there enough power from purely splashing blues with spell synergy to get it done?

jansalterego

• Decks
Re: UR Burn on the Rocks - Comments
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2016, 04:37:22 pm »
@Frimmel: Well, Howling Mine, almost everyone would agree, is quite a good Magic card and with Owling Mine there is even a Modern deck archetype based on the same premise as Fevered Visions. The idea is to kill them before they can make profitable use of the card advantage gained.