deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tema: Idea for a tree of perdition deck  (Leído 1441 veces)

Kingsimcock

• Decks
Idea for a tree of perdition deck
« en: Agosto 16, 2016, 01:49:54 pm »
I've been looking for decks using Tree of Perdition and Triskaidekaphobia. And struggling to find anything I like the look of.
That combo is a long shot and shouldn't be solely relied upon. So I was thinking maybe using Tragic Slip. So +1+1 the tree making 14/14.
Tragic slip -13/-13 on the tree.
Then swap it's toughness for your opponents life total.
They get left on 1 life and you use an instant to target the player.
I was thinking this deck could run as B/R for burn spells to finish of your opponent.
Does this seem a viable deck idea to build around.

kiochy

• Decks
Re: Idea for a tree of perdition deck
« Respuesta #1 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 01:57:40 pm »
alms of the vein is a black instant "opponant lose 3 and you gain 3". may help you avoid splashing red.

aizbert065

• Decks
« Respuesta #2 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 02:45:35 pm »
for modern i suggest you diminish, make it a 1/1 until end of turn, also for the gutshot kill xD

russpe

• Decks
« Respuesta #3 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 06:25:45 pm »
I am not sure but if you equip for example darksteel plate on your tree and you use tragic slip the tree will have -13/0 and if you give your opponent 0 life he will lose.

Please excuse my bad english

Kingsimcock

• Decks
« Respuesta #4 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 07:02:28 pm »
These are good ideas folks. The more end game options the better. So thinking this could become U/B maybe control deck. That's a new concept to me. I don't often stray from black, or anything vampire like.

aizbert065

• Decks
« Respuesta #5 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 10:42:16 pm »
if i were you i would try grixis (B-U-R)

rb gives you the possibility to play terminate, dreadbore, lightning bolt, blightning, and the combo

generator servant + tree of perdition + diminish + gut shot for a 3rd turn kill

(turn 2 > generator servant
turn 3 > tree of perdition casted thanks to generator servant gains haste, diminish to make it 1/1, activate its ability and the gut shot for the kill paying 2 life. if you have not the gut shot just wait for a fetch land xD)

tragic slip destroys indestructible creatures because it's a malus, not damage or real destruction effect so the combo doesn't work

for a good control deck i also suggest you creatures as desecration demon (about 50 cents) and focus on your opponent's hand. duress is a very important card for a black deck (must be 3x or 4x), also despise mustn't be underextimated, than if you have expensive cards as inquisition of kozilek or thoughtseize is good. don't forget about surgical extraction (or extirpate) thanks to which you can win on turn one against some kind of decks, or have a huge advantage since the first turns..

Kingsimcock

• Decks
« Respuesta #6 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 10:51:41 pm »
Wow these control cards are awesome. I should play this style more. Other than desecration demon (I have this card), what other creatures are good, one mana death touch rats maybe?

aizbert065

• Decks
« Respuesta #7 en: Agosto 16, 2016, 11:06:07 pm »
deathtouch is insane i think. it makes difficult for your opponent to attack, you cast them for just one mana and your opponent is not really keen on removing it, cause it's just a 1/1.. into the fray and power of fire are good sinergies with deathtouch ability. now i do not remember other creatures, i'll make you know as i do

entropize

• Decks
« Respuesta #8 en: Septiembre 01, 2016, 06:25:50 am »
I would use blasphemous act and something that gives indestructible like boros charm with it on the field. Another idea would be to play -1,-1 effects like glistening oil, fume splinter, or virulent wound on the tree. I especially like glistening oil on it if you have a way to block attacks since each turn your opponent would lose a life every turn after the first hit.
« Última modificación: Septiembre 01, 2016, 06:39:03 am por entropize »

Eggyism

• I'm constantly updating decks that I've made
  • Decks
« Respuesta #9 en: Septiembre 02, 2016, 05:54:07 am »
Has no one thought of Reduce in Stature on the Tree? I know Dragons and Origins is rotating soon, but it would work!