deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Renew mono-black discard and green-blue decks  (Read 609 times)

Yunwox_88

• Decks
Renew mono-black discard and green-blue decks
« on: September 05, 2016, 11:09:54 am »
Hi!  :D

I've been disconnected from Magic for a long time, but now, I'm back. When I played, I used to do with this two decks. Could you please check them and tell me if I should continue playing them with some changes or if it's better to build some new decks??

Deck Mono-black Discard: https://deckstats.net/decks/72391/561347-discard-and-die/en

Deck Green-Blue Yavimaya: https://deckstats.net/decks/72391/561353-yavimaya/en

It would be great if the decks were avalaible in Modern (I don't know if they are)

Thanks in advance for your help!!

Captain Pointy Ears

• Decks
Re: Renew mono-black discard and green-blue decks
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2016, 02:51:59 pm »
For the mono black Hymn is not modern legal ! I suggest looking at 8-rack decks , they will give you an idea ! Plus the card waste not could be fun ....

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: Renew mono-black discard and green-blue decks
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:57:40 pm »
Hello! I looked over the Green / Blue deck and like what I saw. It seems like the basic idea is to use Looter il-Kor and pump spells to force damage through while controling the board with counter magic and shroud protection. I have a few suggestions that should make the deck a lot more consistent (I'll also stick to cards that aren't insanely expensive like Noble Hierarch).

Having only 4 Looter's makes the overall plan a bit chalenging. thankfully, the newly printed Wharf Infiltrator does basically the same thing. He has skulk instead of Shadow, so he's not as evasive, but you can always buff him after declare blocks if he's unblocked.  His other ability is a bit confusing, but it basically says if you don't want a creature and discard it, you get a 3/2 token. Also note that it says ANYTIME a creature is discarded, so even off Looter il-kor, you can get the tokens.

Another powerful option for this deck would be Altered Ego. In general, You'll probably make copies of Looter or Wharf, but being able to dump all the extra mana from the mana creatures means you can make a huge uncounterable Looter. 

To make room for these guys you'll need 8 cuts. the easiest thing to do would be to move the 4 Spectral Force insto the sideboard (it's insanely good against block, but otherwise, just meh). The last 4 could the set of Yavimaya Dryad. They aren't bad, but they don't really follow the theme you seem to be setting. Plus, Modern is such a fast format that a 3 mana creature who just finds a land is a little lackluster, especially when your curve tops out at 4.

I hope you found this helpful! If you have futher questions, please don;t hesitate to ask. good luck and Happy Hunting :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.