deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: GB Delirium {decks/thoughts} after Standard Rotation ?  (Read 695 times)

Ferics

• Decks
GB Delirium {decks/thoughts} after Standard Rotation ?
« on: September 10, 2016, 05:22:18 pm »
Hi girls and guys,

I was wondering how Delirium decks will look like after the rotation.
This archetype doesn't lose a lots of cards due the rotation. The main ones are Languish, Den Protector and Nissa, Vaswood Seer.

With Languish rotating out, I don't think the control version can be solid anymore.
We know that GB delirium isn't the best way to get the fastest Emrakul.
And I don't think Aggro delirium can be competitive enough with the loss of Hangarback Walker. I belive there will be far better archetypes for aggro decks.

Anyway, GB delirium got a tons of great cards and you can still adapt your game play in these 3 directions (Aggro, Control, Emrakul) depending on which deck you're facing.
Then I tried to make an update of GB delirium deck on this purpose:

http://deckstats.net/decks/31336/564847-gb-delirium-post-rotation-

(see the deck description for the cards motivation)
I would really appreciate to have some feedback on this deck or thoughts on delirium after rotation. ;)
Thanks !

Eric

« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 05:24:16 pm by Ferics »

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
Re: GB Delirium {decks/thoughts} after Standard Rotation ?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2016, 06:13:54 pm »
Languish is more for the control then the delirium, den protector returned a card. That doesn't help delirium to much by returning a card. Hangerback walker got killed with cheap removal.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

Ferics

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2016, 08:34:44 pm »
I played a Delirium Control, and in my experience, Languish did well. I assume this was because of the presence of so many Bant Company decks.
1 Den Protector was often played. Usually you got a full graveyard and you could get a removal spell back or anything else without breaking your own delirium.
Both of them were good for a control oriented deck.
The reason I liked Hangarback was because it could enable half delirium directly by playing it for zero. If not necessary, it was still a decent card.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2016, 01:05:59 pm »
I still think delirium will be a large component of Standard play, if anything,  kaladesh lends artifacts that will help trigger delirium faster. The presence of Lost Legacy in kaladesh is a massive boost to Black decks, because it replaces infinite obliteration, as it can be used on spells, rather than just creatures. Lets not forget the delirium mechanic is part of Innistrad, and not origins/dragons.

Ferics

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2016, 02:36:53 pm »
Good point here !
At first, I elimniated Lost Legacy because of the huge draw it can give to the opponent. But it still work very well against Emrakul decks.
The match up of Delirium vs Turbo Emrakul is quite low by the way.

I will definitely add some in the sideboard.

(the fact that you can play Lost Legacy on yourself is also interesting)
« Last Edit: September 11, 2016, 03:02:53 pm by Ferics »