deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Izzet Eggs  (Read 190 times)

TranquilWyvern

• Decks
[Standard] Izzet Eggs
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:43:41 pm »
Izzet Eggs

Hello everyone! Here's a fun and controversial deck that has come into light recently with the recently spoiled cards. Many of the cards in the decl were spoiled was spoiled this week (Foundry Inspector and Era of Innovation were spoiled on Wednesday); Prophetic Prism the day before.

The basic premise of this deck is to play lords in the early game to make the artifacts cost 1 or 2 mana, chain cards like Prophetic Prism to find Paradoxical Outcome and a win con, and then pick up your board with the Outcome (drawing a bunch of cards) at your opponents EoT. Then you play your win cons and play each artifact again, hopefully killing your opponents in the process.

---

Here are my thoughts after playtesting (goldfishing mostly) this deck all yesterday. The deck seems quite close to being competitive. If I can get a Lord out on turn 3 and a win con out early, I can usually shoot down threats on the other side of the field or gain enough life to negate it by turn 5.

The deck can usually go off by Turn 7 through 9, which I feel might be too slow for the coming meta-game. The main ways that I've seen other lists utilizing to keep up tempo is either Sigarda's Aid and equipment or utilizing Endless One, Filigree Familiar, and Bomat Bazaar Barge. Other cards I could play are Panharmonicon (to double ETB effects from Prophetic Prism, the Puzzleknots, Era of Innovation, and Reckless Fireweaver (which must replace Molten Nursery if I go this route), Seer's Lantern, and Chandra, Torch of Defiance. Tell me what you think of these.

This deck is extremely addicting, fun, and probability competitive enough for FMNs.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 05:30:44 pm by TranquilWyvern »