deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Auteur Sujet: Hey guys im looking for some help with a deck.  (Lu 487 fois)

gamzgaming

• Decks
Hey guys im looking for some help with a deck.
« le: Septembre 17, 2016, 04:08:47 pm »
Hey guys i am looking for some help building a black/white deck, all i really know is that i want to use the following cards: Tree of perdition, oath of liliana, faith unbroken, faithbearer paladin, desperate sentry, and Bruna, the fading light.

if you guys think you can help me out on my card selection that would be great.

TheWakaEmu117

• #BringBackStorm
  • Decks
Re: Hey guys im looking for some help with a deck.
« Réponse #1 le: Septembre 18, 2016, 12:46:37 am »
That's a weird group of cards to build around they don't have a lot of synergy together. For example Tree of perdition doesn't really go with any of those cards and Oath of Liliana is only ok if you have a lot of planeswalkers in your deck. Bruna, the fading light is ok with decks that play mostly or all angels and humans, even then she isn't great because of how mana intensive she is. Now a few questions.  What play style are you trying to achieve? Do you want this deck to be competitive? What is your budget? What range of cards are including only standard playable cards or any card that has ever been printed?
I can't even read

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Réponse #2 le: Septembre 18, 2016, 01:29:59 am »
Hey guys i am looking for some help building a black/white deck, all i really know is that i want to use the following cards: Tree of perdition, oath of liliana, faith unbroken, faithbearer paladin, desperate sentry, and Bruna, the fading light.

if you guys think you can help me out on my card selection that would be great.

TheWakaEmu117 has a point. You might like those cards, and we can suggest a deck you can use them in, but they don't have much synergy and will not be competitive.

I'm guessing that you are building a standard deck, based on the cards mentioned, which are all from Eldritch Moon. I also think that you might have started on this set, am I correct?

If you are playing standard, know that you can only use cards from BFZ (Battle for Zendikar)/OGW (Oath of the Gatewatch)/SOI (Shadows over Innistrad)/EM (Eldritch Moon) and the soon to be released Kaladesh Set. So you do not have to limit yourself to one set.

I assume you also want the deck to be somewhat on a budget?

40% of your deck should be lands or (24/60) cards should be land. You will want a good split between (Plains and Swamps 12/12) you can include dual lands like Shambling Vent or cheaper options could include Forsaken Sanctuary.

Your style will depend on whether you use (more spells than creatures or more creatures than spells). I would suggest starting with creatures. Bruna, the Fading Light works well with angels, and especially well with Gisela, the Broken Blade. Other angels that would work are Linvala, the Preserver, Archangel Avacyn or Angel of Deliverance. these are expensive cards, so you will need to balance your deck with creatures with lower mana costs like (2-3) Cards like Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim a card which works well with Tree of Perdition because you can switch life totals and then sacrifice the tree to Ayli, Eternal Pilgrim and gain your opponents life total, whilst you set theirs to (13). You could potentially have enough like to enable its ability. (Pious, Evangel/ Lantern Scout/ Kambal, Consul of Allocation/ Drana's Emissary/ Thalia's Lancers)

Think about Planeswalkers, as you are using Oath of Liliana, you need planeswalkers to make it effective like Sorin, Grim Nemesis, Liliana, the Last Hope, Ob Nixilus, Gideon, Ally of Zendikar.

Removal like Oath of Liliana needs support like (Transgress the Mind, Ruinous Path, Murder, Mind Rot)

gamzgaming

• Decks
« Réponse #3 le: Septembre 18, 2016, 03:33:05 am »
Thx for replying. My friends and myself play for fun and dont really care about standard, so i am not really looking to make a standard deck. I have a lot of battle for zandikar, fate reforged, khans of tarkir, and eldritch moon packs that i have opened recently, so that is mostly what i can use to build this deck. I also have 120$ to spend if i need to.

entropize

• Decks
« Réponse #4 le: Septembre 23, 2016, 09:20:33 am »
Well I would suggest a life gain deck. sanguine bond, exquiste blood, blood artist and suture priest come to mind. You might also want to add cards to weaken target creatures like such as glistening oil in order to hurt either your opponent's creatures or the tree of peridition. I would avoid triskaidkaphobia, I tried it in my deck with tree of peridition, but almost ended up beating myself. a few other life gain cards that might help would be campaign of vengeance and path of bravery. There are few token summoning cards that might help a life gain deck like angelic chord.