deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Kaledesh Brews  (Read 1007 times)

kurufal

• Decks
Kaledesh Brews
« on: September 20, 2016, 05:04:34 am »
Here are a couple of brews for Kaladesh. Both are pretty centric to cards in Kaladesh which is a pretty big reason I'm posting them.

The first one is built around Dubious Challenge. The idea is to cast Dubious Challenge and get back the creature of you opponents choice by either Long Road Home or Eldrazi Displacer.

deck="Dubious Evolution"
//Lands
4 Canopy Vista
6 Forest
4 Fortified Village
1 Geier Reach Sanitarium
7 Plains
3 Westvale Abbey

//Spells
4 Eldritch Evolution
2 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
4 Long Road Home
2 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
3 Stasis Snare

//Creatures
2 Angel of Invention
3 Bruna, the Fading Light
4 Eldrazi Displacer
4 Gisela, the Broken Blade
3 Verdurous Gearhulk

//Other
4 Dubious Challenge

//Sideboard
SB: 4 Declaration in Stone
SB: 4 Sylvan Advocate
SB: 4 Oath of Nissa
SB: 1 Gideon, Ally of Zendikar
SB: 1 Nissa, Voice of Zendikar
SB: 1 Cataclysmic Gearhulk

The next deck is an Aetherworks Marvel deck. It's built to all in on free spells. On a starting note before I explain more: playtesting this has been RIDICULOUSLY consistent. The only problem being that it's all in on your side of the board. You can probably sideboard a few burn spells if aggro get too out of hand, but a 3/2 on turn 2 and a 2/3 flying trample on turn 3 hits pretty good. The lifegain and scy 2 from the puzzleknots usually put you in a good spot if you don't get any solid 2 drops. Running the G/R Gearhulk give you a ton of power, and casting one with Rashmi on the board really swings the game in your favor. You can put the counters on your voyager as well giving you a flying siege rhino. Running a lot of high mana cards allows for your red Gearhulk to really hurt, as well. When making this deck it seemed very janky, but after messing with it, and I can't stress this enough, it is very consistent in hitting what it needs to to keep up the tempo.

deck="Aetherworks Marvel All-in"
//Lands
4 Aether Hub
4 Botanical Sanctum
4 Cinder Glade
7 Forest
1 Mountain
4 Spirebluff Canal

//Spells
3 Aetherworks Marvel
3 Attune with Aether
4 Eldritch Evolution
2 Glassblower's Puzzleknot
3 Woodweaver's Puzzleknot

//Creatures
1 Aethersquall Ancient
3 Aethertorch Renegade
3 Combustible Gearhulk
4 Empyreal Voyager
3 Rashmi, Eternities Crafter
3 Verdurous Gearhulk
4 Voltaic Brawler

Anyway, let me know what you think. The sideboards could use some work, and the G/W land seems to be the biggest problem with the Dubious Challenge deck. I may cut the Nissa as the 2 green seems too much to get consistently on turn 3 when every turn after that it's just not worth playing. It's really strong to play on turn three if you can bounce an Angel of Invention to use Fabricate and be able to flip your Westvale Abbey.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2016, 12:30:51 pm by kurufal »