deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: First Timer (really I'm new)  (Read 751 times)

SeniorFool

• Decks
First Timer (really I'm new)
« on: October 03, 2016, 05:08:21 pm »
Plain Fire

I'm a new player.  I did a sealed deck tournament as my FIRST go at Magic.  I won 1 game, lost...4 or 5.  This is the deck I had to work with.  I had an experienced player or two helping me.  Any comments?  Tips? Thanks!!

kiochy

• Decks
Re: First Timer (really I'm new)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2016, 05:55:00 pm »
the deck looks good. you have some removals, and a few good or really good creatures. the only spells i would questions are shreds of sanity and give no ground. about shreds, you don't have a lot of instant (only 3 4) so you won't always make a 2for1 and your instant aren't that good (just saw spreading flames). never played give no ground so I may be wrong, but I don't think that's a good card. also I don't like equipments, but it's more of a personal taste.

the major problem I see is: 45 cards. you should cut your worst cards so you'll be able to draw more often your good cards.
I'd cut shreds,give no ground, 1 or 2 steadfast cathar I think and one or two artifact.

I'm not an experienced player either, playing standard since Shadow over inistrad and sealed since Khans of tarkir. but I won a few draft. played as a casual player for 2 years before.

sorry for misspelling,mistakes and my bad english overall. Hope it's understandable.

if I said stupids thing please correct me.

Welcome to magic ;)

ohmrchuck90

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2016, 10:25:01 am »
Hi there!
I started playing Magic half a year ago and at the beginning I really had no clue whatsoever about the game.
The thing that worked out for me, was printing some proxy decks, to see what mechanics I liked the most. I suggest you try at first with a simple mono-white as "Hold the line".
I have three friends of mine who have been playing for 2 or 3 years and playing against their decks many times has made me more and more aware of their deck's weaknesses. So, in the end, the more you play, the more you learn. My final suggestion is use proxys at first, know your cards very well and play with them a lot. Once you are satisfied with how your proxy deck works and how you have modified it, buy the real thing! But above all, play MtG a lot!

Welcome to this wonderful Card game!   ;)

SeniorFool

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2016, 05:00:35 pm »
Thank you~
There's an EDH sealed tourney coming up... $29 to enter. Is it worth it? I don't know..