deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Owling Visions - Comments  (Read 476 times)

Comment Bot

Owling Visions - Comments
« on: October 27, 2016, 10:43:59 pm »
This is the comment topic for Owling Visions.

Please use the Reply button to comment. If you do not have an account yet, please use the link on top to register.

Dies ist das Kommentarthema für Owling Visions.

Bitte benutze den Knopf "Reply", um einen Kommentar zu schreiben. Wenn du noch kein Benutzerkonto hier hast, benutze bitte den Link "Register" (oben) um dich zu registrieren.

Girlhunter2102

• Decks
Re: Owling Visions - Comments
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2016, 10:44:00 pm »
cyclonic rift, it can return all permanents target opponents hand.

Natan

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2016, 04:52:38 am »
Echoing truth would be a good choice.

Soulless

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2016, 11:26:52 am »

rifazoli

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2016, 01:07:28 am »
Great deck! I remember when it won the GP (or Worlds, I don'r remember at all). Anyway, some points:
- You have 2 costs with UU. Blood Moon can potentially hurt you more than the opponent;
- You have 3 Runeflare Trap, but only 2 Temple Bell. Using Fevered Visions + Runeflare Trap is too finicky, while Visions + Owl is too slow. Temple Bell is instant-speed draw;
- Runeflare Trap is conditional (it needs a 3-card drawing), while Sudden Impact is not. Why not 3 Sudden Impact + 1/2 Runeflare Trap?
- No Jace Beleren?
- Sleight of Hand/Anticipate would help in finding combo pieces;

jonnie

• EDH Degenerate | Washed-up Modern Player
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2016, 11:07:21 pm »
Overloading Cyclonic Rift is too slow and it can't target lands. Same with Echoing Truth. Forced Fruition is also too slow. I need to tweak the mana base so Blood Moon works better. I cut back on Temple Bell because it was a little too slow and was doing little by the time I played it. Fevered Visions + Owl is slow but without them just relying on Runeflare Trap was too inconsistent. The fact that Sudden Impact is 4 mana hurts because it doesn't let you keep up mana for counters or other things. Yes, Runeflare Trap is conditional, but it's easier to get off than you think. The draw that the opponent makes during their draw step counts towards it so I only need to make them draw twice more. It's more of a finisher than it is a "combo" since I can't deal enough to just kill them with one.

jonnie

• EDH Degenerate | Washed-up Modern Player
  • Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2016, 11:19:23 pm »
The thing to keep in mind is that this isn't a combo deck. It's a tempo/control deck. You want to be using Boomerang and Eye of Nowhere to bounce lands and Exhaustion as a pseudo Time Walk. I took out the Temple Bells for Fevered Visions. Making your opponent draw cards and having them discard is dandy and all, but unless you're punishing for drawing then they're just drawing for free. Also, any graveyard based deck doesn't mind discarding in the first place. It's a fun deck, but the meta has gotten much more aggressive since the deck's original conception. Zoo, Dredge, and any other fast aggro deck gives this deck trouble. The mana base has also become more difficult since Anger of the Gods is a must as Pyroclasm just doesn't cut it any more.