deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Cards that search for lands and put them into play in Standard  (Read 621 times)

cld.mizzi

• Decks
Cards that search for lands and put them into play in Standard
« on: November 20, 2016, 12:23:34 pm »
Hi everyone,

I just started to play MTG again. I was just wondering whether there are any cards (creatures/sorceries/whatever) that allow you to search your library for land cards AND put them into play.

The cards must be legal in standard.

Cheers!

MTGopportunities

• I am the only one
  • Decks
Re: Cards that search for lands and put them into play in Standard
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 12:32:51 pm »
vessel and grapple with the past that are also good with délirium and cheap card
Don't w.... be happy

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 02:47:58 pm »
Onto the battlefield land fetches in standard:

Instant and Sorceries:
Natural Connection
Verdant Crescendo
Ruin in Their Wake
Nissa's Renewal

Creatures:
Upon ETB - Wild Wanderer
Upon Death - Primal Druid

Lands:
Evolving Wilds
Warped Landscape
Blighted Woodland

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2016, 06:33:55 pm »
I just started to play MTG again. I was just wondering whether there are any cards (creatures/sorceries/whatever) that allow you to search your library for land cards AND put them into play.

Unfortunately, you are pretty limited with Ramp in Standard, now that Origins has rotated out, but Dboe has most of them.
It really depends on what you're aiming for, so we can narrow down types of cards that would be more efficient for you.

Cards for delirium, like Mtgopportunities mentioned, are Grapple with the past, however, you have Vessel of Nascency, Traverse the Ulvenwald (if you have delirium you can search for non-basic lands as well) Wild-Field Scarecrow and Fork in the Road. -

A few others by type include:

Sorcery: (Sylvan Scrying, Attune with Aether)

Creatures:  Loam Larva, Ulvenwald Hydra, Pilgrim's Eye)

Enchantment: (Oath of Nissa) - won't let you search for something specific but you can look at top 3 and pick one, much like grapple with the past.

« Last Edit: November 20, 2016, 06:36:11 pm by Mnemosyne »

Dboe

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2016, 07:12:22 pm »

Unfortunately, you are pretty limited with Ramp in Standard, now that Origins has rotated out, but Dboe has most of them.
It really depends on what you're aiming for, so we can narrow down types of cards that would be more efficient for you.

Cards for delirium, like Mtgopportunities mentioned, are Grapple with the past, however, you have Vessel of Nascency, Traverse the Ulvenwald (if you have delirium you can search for non-basic lands as well) Wild-Field Scarecrow and Fork in the Road. -

A few others by type include:

Sorcery: (Sylvan Scrying, Attune with Aether)

Creatures:  Loam Larva, Ulvenwald Hydra, Pilgrim's Eye)

Enchantment: (Oath of Nissa) - won't let you search for something specific but you can look at top 3 and pick one, much like grapple with the past.

I forgot about Ulvenwald Hydra.  That is a welcomed addition to the list

I was going for his initial request for cards that put lands into play, rather than the hand.

Mnemosyne

• Standard Consultant
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2016, 07:41:12 pm »
I forgot about Ulvenwald Hydra.  That is a welcomed addition to the list

I was going for his initial request for cards that put lands into play, rather than the hand.

You're right, I hadn't read his initial post properly. I suppose if he doesn't play a land then he has the option to put it into the battlefield.