deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Frontier- who has tried it and what are your thoughts  (Read 612 times)

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Frontier- who has tried it and what are your thoughts
« on: November 29, 2016, 03:02:05 am »
Saw talk about this format earlier but haven't been around since, curious who all has tried the format and what are their thoughts on it.
This space for rent.

ladof

• Decks
Re: Frontier- who has tried it and what are your thoughts
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2016, 03:18:21 am »
My LGS did a free Frontier tourney a few weeks back. They have out a lot of promo cards to everyone that came; it was kinda neat.

The format itself was dominated by jeskai aggro control. I took a UG ramp deck that finished 8th overall (out of 30 some) but lost to the guy that ended up winning it twice.

Declaration in Stone was probably the most played card, at least against me. Abzan had a few representatives, but they only fared moderately well. I only saw one mono red aggro deck, and while he finished well (5th?) he struggled at times to get rolling.

I can see that format taking off pretty well, especially if they get a banned list going. I used Treasure Cruise to great effect quite a bit and I heard a few other people running Dig Through Time, but never had to face them. Didn't actually see a Co-Co deck, surprisingly.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

WWolfe

• Patron
  • Banging and (spell) slanging!
  • Decks
Re: Frontier- who has tried it and what are your thoughts
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2016, 03:47:40 am »
Thanks. That's surprising that no Co-Co decks were there. My first thought was that it would be the deck most tried at first.
This space for rent.