deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Module Overload  (Read 943 times)

DesolateVenom

• Decks
[Standard] Module Overload
« on: November 22, 2016, 08:58:49 pm »
Module Overload

Modules fuel the engine of the deck.  Early game is supported with low mana creatures that buff quickly.  mid-late game supported by wandering fumerole and metalwork colossus.
Death preys on the weak.  Stay strong my fellow Planeswalkers!

Fyr3st0rm

• Decks
Re: Module Overload - Comments
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2016, 11:44:08 pm »
I really like this deck!

DesolateVenom

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Module Overload
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2016, 12:15:33 am »
Thanks. I'm fairly new to the game, starter playing for the first time maybe 3 months ago.  Wanted to start getting some ideas on what may be decent to build.  This was my first online deck built.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2016, 02:42:26 am »
You could justify 4 aether Hub in this deck pretty easily. They might help if you find yourself running into color issues with your mana.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2016, 06:45:55 am »
Thanks for the input. I'll see where I can make mana cuts elsewhere to fit them in.

Nucleas

• Decks
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2016, 02:18:04 pm »
I have been making a few decks like this aswell (atleast a few aspects of it).

Maybe these cards are something for you:
Gearseeker serpent
Glint-nest crane

Maybe they do not fit in your deck but I figured I could atleast suggest it.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2016, 06:25:44 am »
Reckless Fireweaver would take advantage of the servos and thopters you would be pushing out, letting you Strike down your opponent every time one enters the field.  Potential endgame if you get your energy chain going for Whirler Virtuoso and Modules.

Discendo

• Decks
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2016, 01:49:16 pm »
Glint-Nest Crane may offer help find some artifacts and provide some defense against early Smuggler's Copter

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2016, 09:46:03 pm »
I have considered Glint nest crane,  but I don't what creatures I'd justify removing,  maybe investor's apprentice.  I'd have to buff the clan to make it a significant blocker.  Gearseeker serpent is good too,  have a couple laying around as it is,  but that card I don't think really fuels the deck engine,  more like benefits from it on the side,  by that point,  I could probably buff other creatures,  like glint nest crane too that power level anyway.  Reckless fireweaver did make its way it.  That automatic damage on the down low to the life points is pretty good.  Thank you all for the suggestions!  I'll be sure to build some new ones and post them for more good ideas from you all!

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2016, 10:15:08 pm »
I have also considered replacing the Colossus with Verdurous Gearhulk. 5 mana to cast,  enter with 4x 1/1 counters.  Triggers the modules engine nicely I think.  Really only the modules decrease the cost of the Colossus,  he would almost make more sense in a vehicles deck?  I could be over thinking it too.  Any input?

Philippe Saner

• Decks
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2016, 02:26:34 am »
Four colours seems like too much. If I were you I'd just go blue-red.

DesolateVenom

• Decks
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 09:13:10 pm »
I agree that it is an attempt at a broad mana distribution, but most of my decks are either mono or dual colored, so the idea was to attempt a deck with more variety.  Dual colored decks are much easier and generally more reliable for consistent combos, but I wanted to challenge myself to create a deck with more varying possibilities, but still manage to forge a general unifying engine behind the deck as a whole.  The idea with this deck is finds cards that fuel the modules engine, creating servos, generating energy, and buffing the little servos in the process.  All while the modules reduce the cost of the heavy-hitting Metalwork Colossus.  The only thing I don't like about the colossus is that it's so plain of a spell.  It doesn't have any unique abilities.  I've even considered Cultivator's caravan for this deck.  Colorless spell, mana generator, can be used as an attacker/blocker if need be, and reduces the cost of the colossus.  But verderous gearhulk almost seems more reliable here.  He's large, not larger than the colossus, but his ability can fuel the module engine up to four times in one turn, potentially.  But the colossus can return from the graveyard, so granted he's plain, he can be annoying and a big attacker regardless.  Gearseeker serpent was another good suggestion.  If he had flying, that card would almost be a sure win to include.  But summoning a 5/6 for potentially only 2 islands is attractive on it's own.  Any input is greatly appreciated from any and all.  Again, I am new to the game and to deck-building in general.