deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Autor Tópico: [EDH / Commander] Monoblack Hugs  (Lida 715 vezes)

blueberry314

• Decks
[EDH / Commander] Monoblack Hugs
« em: Janeiro 22, 2017, 02:42:40 am »
Monoblack Hugs

What better lands can I use? Any other suggestions appreciated

Firegriff

• Decks
Re: [EDH / Commander] Monoblack Hugs
« Responder #1 em: Janeiro 22, 2017, 06:00:53 am »
As Commander, I would use Gonti, Lord of Luxury.  Turn your opponents' cards against them every time they kill him off.  Deathtouch certainly doesn't hurt and killing him doesn't stop you from using any color of mana on their spells.

Mortuary Mire, Westvale Abbey, Bojuka Bog, Bottomless Vault, Cabal Coffers, Crypt of Agadeem, Leechridden Swamp, Volrath's Stronghold.

Scavenger Drake, Gavony Unhallowed, Mikaeus the Unhallowed, Relentless Dead.

blueberry314

• Decks
« Responder #2 em: Janeiro 22, 2017, 04:01:07 pm »
What should I think about replacing to put in the nonlands you recommend?

ComingUpCway84

• Decks
Re: Monoblack Hugs - Comments
« Responder #3 em: Janeiro 22, 2017, 04:29:08 pm »
I absolutely love the idea behind this deck, politics in EDH is one of the most underappreciated parts of the format, and Black is so rarely considered in terms of it's political value. I don't think that once-off buffs like Rush of Vitality are where you want to be in an EDH deck; they seldom really impact the board in a very meaningful way unless your deck is built around utilising them to their fullest potential, in some sort of Voltron strategy. As for what to put in instead, I'd agree that Gonti is a big one- he lets you utilise your opponents decks to your advantage, and creates a really interesting boardstate when you have any mana untapped (although that being said, I think he'd fit better as one of the 99 into the deck when you have very little ramp focus in it's current iteration). Other cards worth considering are In Garruk's Wake for a 1-sided blowout, and the 'turn control' cards. Mindslaver, Emrakul and Sorin Markov are incredible bargaining chips in a political game, and things like Cruel Entertainment serve to really shake up the board.

Firegriff

• Decks
« Responder #4 em: Janeiro 23, 2017, 12:47:02 am »
Cover of Darkness.  You have too much creature variation for it.  DeathlaceDeadly DesignsInfernal Genesis.  Your opponents will get more minions than you do.  A lot of the instants and sorceries need review to see if a creature can do the job better.  Sudden Spoils is an amazing gamechanger of a card (turns even Emrakel into a helpless 0/2 victim).  Fate Unraveler and psychosis crawler make card draws intimidating.

blueberry314

• Decks
Re: Monoblack Hugs - Comments
« Responder #5 em: Março 24, 2017, 04:39:34 pm »

Revision 14

Added/removed cards:
-1 Lich's Mirror
+1 Exsanguinate

Changed amounts: