deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: Aid from the cowl question  (Read 1953 times)

entropize

• Decks
Aid from the cowl question
« on: January 20, 2017, 08:15:25 pm »
Alright, I know multiple cards leaving the field do NOT trigger multiple revolts, but my question is this, if a player controls two or more copies of aid from the cowl and  permanent leaves the field, do both aid from the cowl trigger during the end phase allowing the player to put multiple cards from the deck to the field. For example, a token dies and I control two aid from the cowl, during my end phase I draw a bitterblossom and play it with one aid from the cowl, can I look at the next card after the bitterblossom to see if it is a permanent with the second aid from the cowl.

ohromantics

• Decks
Re: Aid from the cowl question
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2017, 10:07:43 pm »
You may also leave it on top of your library after revealing it, if i read oracle correctly.

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2017, 11:04:26 pm »
You may also leave it on top of your library after revealing it, if i read oracle correctly.

Correct
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

entropize

• Decks
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2017, 07:10:41 am »
Here is another silly question, if you draw a permanent that has revolt with aid from the cowl, such as call for unity, can you use its revolt ability to add a counter for call for unity after playing it.

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2017, 04:15:59 pm »
Here is another silly question, if you draw a permanent that has revolt with aid from the cowl, such as call for unity, can you use its revolt ability to add a counter for call for unity after playing it.

Here is what happens. While both go off simultaneously you as the player choose what goes on the stack and what goes off first. So if you choose aid from the cowl first, it would resolve first while call for unity is still on the stack. Then call of unity would resolve and the counter could be placed. The revolt triggers are from 2 seperate cards and again you as a player determine wich one resolves 1st.
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me

robort

• Patron
  • Decks
« Reply #5 on: January 26, 2017, 02:26:32 am »

Here is what happens. While both go off simultaneously you as the player choose what goes on the stack and what goes off first. So if you choose aid from the cowl first, it would resolve first while call for unity is still on the stack. Then call of unity would resolve and the counter could be placed. The revolt triggers are from 2 seperate cards and again you as a player determine wich one resolves 1st.

This person is asking what would happen if Call for Unity was acquired via Aid from the Cowl's triggered ability. You can only stack triggers if both permanents are on the battlefield at the time the triggers would go on the stack. In the question posed, this is not the case. Call for Unity would enter the battlefield only after the end step trigger has already taken place, thus the counters not be placed. How can you stack triggers if the permanent creating them isn't there yet?

Since you didn't bother looking up the ruling. I did it this way so someone can -(negative) me while continually hiding behind the screen. People don't understand that I don't care. So lets cut through the BS, it's still the begenning but the ruling you so forgot to look up that's easy to find from Wizards of the Coast in Gather that's about Aid from the Cowl clearly shows.

2/9/2017   If a permanent put onto the battlefield this way has an ability that triggers at the beginning of your end step, it won’t trigger during this end step.

Now - negative the ruling post.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2017, 03:44:11 pm by robort »
A legend in my own mind or so what the voices keep telling me