deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Refresh Session button and then try again.

Author Topic: [Standard] Colorless Standard  (Read 559 times)

Captain_Fluffel

• Decks
[Standard] Colorless Standard
« on: January 27, 2017, 08:52:34 pm »
Colorless Standard

A running colorless deck in the standard format. With all the eldrazi and the new artifact plane about, I saw the potential. I know it is made better with blue, I toyed that deck also, but the point was to make it colorless. It actually runs pretty well, and the looks and questions you get for running a colorless standard deck is rewarding enough on its own.

ladof

• Decks
Re: [Standard] Colorless Standard
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2017, 11:41:04 pm »
I just built something similar, but wholly different, lol. One thing, no Titan's Presence? You're going to have big things in your hand, so it's a solid removal.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2017, 01:20:27 am »
I like it! Have you considered Sea Gate Wreckage in place of the Evolving wilds or Wastes? I know your hand won't be empty all that often, but when it is, you can get some sweet value.

Also, understandable if it's a budget constraint, but Thought-Knot Seer and Reality smasher are just so insanely good. You could go with Walker of the Wastes instead (since it's WAY cheaper) and still be able to beat down pretty hard.
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Captain_Fluffel

• Decks
Re: Colorless Standard - Comments
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2017, 09:24:31 pm »
Thanks. Sea gate wreckage can definitely just slip into the slot of 4 wastes. Price really is not a constraint currently, so what would you recommend removing for Thought-Knot Seer and Reality Smasher? They would switch slots in the side board, as they did get in there. Thanks KouriNick. Also ladof, I totally spaced out the fact that titan's presence was a thing, and I know that card does work. What would you recommend for switching out for it?

ladof

• Decks
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2017, 09:47:46 pm »
I'd probably drop down to two Ulamog and two Hope of Ghiapur. Personally, I don't like running more than 2 of a legendary creature, since you can't have more than one of them on the board at any time (Hope is a little different, since it's a one drop and has a sacrifice mechanic, but it's still probably fine as a 2-of.) Then I'd probably drop an Inspiring Statuary and run 3 titan's presence.

As for thought-knot seer and reality smasher, I'd probably drop 2 westvale abbey (20 lands should be fine in this deck, especially with Hedron archives) and treasure keeper. Run three thought-knot and 2 reality smasher.
Caedite eos. Novit enim Dominus qui sunt eius.

Captain_Fluffel

• Decks
Re: Colorless Standard - Comments
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2017, 10:11:14 pm »
Thanks mate. I made the changes suggested, albeit a little differently. I actually play the deck, and I'm sorry, but treasure keeper just always manages to put value in when he dies, and he is normally a big enough blocker to stall a game a bit, or absorb a kill spell. Also, not trying to beg here, but mind giving the deck a like? It helps things get noticed a little more. Thanks.

Cheers