deckstats.net
You need to be logged in to do this.
The buttons above will open in a new window. Please return to this window after you have logged in. When you have logged in, click the Session aktualisieren button and then try again.

Autor Thema: [Standard] How would you make this deck better? Pro tip You Can´t ! its perfect!  (Gelesen 1960 mal)

isoberbia

• Decks
G/R energy aggro 1st place on 3 out of 3 FNM! (March 2017) Tested.

Alright, aside from the comment bait tittle, honestly what do you think. this deck revision is based on my experience winning 3 out of 3 fnm currently.

FNM current testing

February

3-3 1st places on FNM.

(This alternative of the winning deck will be tested next FNM based on my experience with it)

This variant attempts to solve.

1. Altough energy is very important for the deck, i feel 9 is the best max ive needed to have, and im having too much energy if the game gets in to late game. this way i can produce/spend it better with the 3x Longtusk Cub.

2. Also Longtusk Cub will help to have better precense in the early game against wich helps against hyper aggro decks and controll decks.

3. Lighting runner has not proven being relevant enought to keep in the main deck and its not a card ill use having it in the sideboard, its still present in my mind but only experience will tell.

4. uncaged fury was being tested because it ocuped a "buff spell / finisher" slot, like
Invigorated Rampage, and in every situation Ive preferred it was a trample effect.
(This was decided wile winning against a Tree of Perdition & Triskaidekaphobia) deck where the doublestrike is supposed to be the most useful. I won this game by having 1 more attacking creature than he had to defend.

5. Somehow this decks still mana floods often, (still wins but id ratter id didnt happened), so ill consider after this fnm changing 1 mana for the last " Servant of the Conduit " making it 4x

isoberbia

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 3 out of 3 FNM! (March 2017) Tested. - Comments
« Antwort #1 am: März 02, 2017, 09:51:51 Vormittag »
Submit your questions here, ill answer daily.

kwharvey

• Decks
Re: [Standard] How would you make this deck better? Pro tip You Can´t ! its perfect!
« Antwort #2 am: März 02, 2017, 11:04:15 Nachmittag »
Have you played any of the big three in standard yet? How does it fare against them if so?

isoberbia

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 3 out of 3 FNM! (March 2017) Tested. - Comments
« Antwort #3 am: März 03, 2017, 12:41:52 Vormittag »
Yes I have, (during standard casual and FNM) I have played against mardu vehicles & against, saheeli combo. and won every time.

Against mardu vehicles it was a race to hit 0 life because the aggro nature of both decks, luckily mine proved the more agresive, the thing whit the mardu vehicle deck is "tecked" more to do better against a bigger variety of decks that you can find in pro tournaments and the truth is that in a pro scenario, mardu is going to do better than this deck, but what´s also truth is that in a store´s fnm the deck variety in my oppinion is less varied, and includes alot people playing aggro, and this decks simply beats aggro and to beat control and combo you have to side deck. witch brings me to...

Saheeli combo. has been by far the hardest game I´ve won with this deck, its very relevant you OTK. and to to that proves no simple task. basicaly this deck is designed to stop you from attacking, and countering everything you will trow at it while being able to kill you by turn 5.
The key to win this match up is to have at least 2 creatures hitting at the same time and making the hits count, (never single hit).
I won both games on the match with a single pummeler hit that was backed up by a heroic intervention and a bloosoming defense.
Also save the "Shocks" exclusively for stopping the combo.

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
Re: [Standard] How would you make this deck better? Pro tip You Can´t ! its perfect!
« Antwort #4 am: März 03, 2017, 11:24:34 Nachmittag »
How's Scrapper Champion treating you this far? Any particular reason you like having it over the 4th Hydra or 4th Cub?

Also, it looks like you're going for more of a general wide creature strategy over being all in on the pummeler. What would you say the main benefit to your wider strategy over a more "all in" approach would be?

Thanks, and sweet deck!
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

isoberbia

• Decks
« Antwort #5 am: März 04, 2017, 08:30:43 Vormittag »
KouriNick - That´s actually a very important question with a lot of impact that i would love to answer.

- First I'll answer why i prefer the "creature" strategy.

- I have played the basic all in pummeler variant of the deck and it has a an enormous flaw. wich is ... having a deck relying on 4 copies of 1 card makes it way to inconsistent, and in that deck, the rest of the creatures are more like an accesory for the deck to "hold" or to do small pushes before the pummeler arrives, and then pray it doenst get countered and wins the game. YES it can win, its inconsistend but it can win, in the other hand this deck variant just won 4 out of 4 FNM, Thats 16 out of 16 best of 3 matches, and being creature centered is the "why" it happens. let me elaborate.
After playing enought games with the the all in variant of the deck i found that very often im cloging my hand with pump spells for the pummeler, and if i dont have a pummeler, and i dont have enough creatures to have board advantage wich leads to controlling the pace of the attacks, it leads to even slow decks catchig up and killing you. what this deck do consistenly is play creatures that have enough impact to win the game on their own and still have the pummeler to spring you back in case youre getting cornered. and now this is very important, i also found that having way to much spells to pump the pummeler is a waste, when you can get a 20/16 trample pummeler with one spell and 6 energy.

- 1 attacking Electrostatic Pummeler (best it can be done is turn 4)
- 1 Invigorated Rampage
- 6 energy

*attack with pummeler* *apply Invigorated Rampage* we have a 5/1 pummeler *apply 3energy* we have a 10/6 pummeler *apply 3energy* we have a 20/16 pummeler with trample. 6 energy is very common on turn 4 because you only need 3 energy before he enters and gives you 3 energy.

this deck wins consistenly with enduring creatures that not only are hard to kill but your opponent is often afraid to defend things like Longtusk Cub because he is afraid youll pump it and get a free kill on one or more of his creatures.

wich leads me to the "pump spell choices" we have 4, first blosoming defence is not so much a "pump spell" but more a protective spell, and the 3 other pumps, give the pummeler trample, specialy Built to Smash wich cost 1 red mana.

Wich also leadsme to the first question you made, Scrapper Champion, i know it may seem a "odd" adition to the deck, and thats one of its advantages, its potential is hard to see until its on play, if a player dont respect the Scrapper Champion and let her attack he is in big trouble, lets say you do the same that you do with a pummeler, and ad energy and a single Invigorated Rampage to it.

- attacking Scrapper Champion (wich can also be happening as early as turn 4) as long as you acelerate 1 mana with a Servant of the conduit.
- 2 energy to give it +1+1
- 1 Invigorated Rampage

*attack with Scrapper champion and give it +1+1* its now a 3/3 with double strike *add Invigorated Rampage* its now a 7/3 with trample* hit twice for 14 trample damage. now... why would i want this on my deck if i already have 4 pummeler you say ? easy, the cost to pump the scrapper is lower than the pummeler, and lets say you dont have the 6 energy, add a 1 mana Built to Smash and make that 14 trample a 20 dmg trample, with 3 cards and the energy is the same she gives herself.
the second important point is when deffending "doublestrike" counts as "first strike" also, SO , add the smaller buff (Blossoming Defense) and you will have a 4/4 first strike creature.

TL;DR

This deck is supremely consistent, YES the pummeler is a great finisher but this deck gives you the tools to win with many other creatures. ill make a in deept guide of why i chose every creature and whats its roll and it will be up posibly tomorrow. (im still typing it).

I hope this solved some of your doubts with the card choice, if you have more questions please feel free to ask.

luisTHErojo

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 3 out of 3 FNM! (March 2017) Tested v2.0 - Comments
« Antwort #6 am: März 04, 2017, 10:40:38 Nachmittag »
la hydra 4 de main !!! more +Uncaged Fury.. y -2 lathu helion

KouriNick

• So Say We All
  • Decks
« Antwort #7 am: März 05, 2017, 05:34:02 Nachmittag »
Thanks for the detailed explanation. Makes a lot lf sence to have the scrapper when its thought of as the quasi 5th and 6th copies of pummeler. Its a unique solution that i like quite a lot, and its obviously working very well for you. Ive been thinking about building a pummeler deck myself, and i thibk when i do, ill start with your version.

Thabks for the clarification, i hope the good results keep flowing! :)
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Nils

• Decks
Your deck was selected as our DeckStats.net deck of the week this week! Congratulations! :)
Please contact the user “admin” or email [email protected] if you have any questions about Deckstats!

isoberbia

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 4 out of 4 FNM! (March 2017) Tested v2.1 - Comments
« Antwort #9 am: März 08, 2017, 06:56:53 Vormittag »
Nils - Really ? ill be damned ! thank you !

isoberbia

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 5 out of 5 FNM! (March 13 2017) Tested v3.0 - Comments
« Antwort #10 am: März 13, 2017, 10:50:44 Nachmittag »
The V 3.0 is out now, so any questions before this comment might not be valid now, Check it out and ask away !

isoberbia

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 5 out of 5 FNM! (March 13 2017) Tested v3.0 - Comments
« Antwort #11 am: März 13, 2017, 10:52:51 Nachmittag »
The V 3.0 of the deck is now out, so any questions before this comment might not be valid now, Check it out and ask away !

Also, there's a mulligan guide now ! with a shorter explanation !

Demonblood502

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 5 out of 5 FNM! (March 14 2017) Tested v3.0 - Comments
« Antwort #12 am: März 15, 2017, 07:05:16 Vormittag »
Can you explain some of the thought process behind some of the changes? Why cut Scrapper Champion?

isoberbia

• Decks
Re: G/R energy aggro 1st place on 5 out of 5 FNM! (March 14 2017) Tested v3.0 - Comments
« Antwort #13 am: März 16, 2017, 07:29:35 Vormittag »
@Demonblood502 Sure, thanks for asking, let me explain.

This changes attempts to make the deck a little less "Technical" lets say where streamlining the damage output.

This desition was made because altought the deck is still winning I´ve noticed it struggles to take of more than it ussed to, the Scrapper Champion is a bomb flexible enought tho carry her own weight, but her high cost makes the deck carry 6 drops of 4 mana. With this change we make the deck faster again, with the intention to always have board control and the ability to set the pace, wich translates in better match ups with hyper aggro, and heavy controll.

Also in the "casual" (meaning not in a fnm) testing of the deck, I´ve gotten a 100% win rate against the mirror match this way.

Viio

• Decks
« Antwort #14 am: März 16, 2017, 01:40:28 Nachmittag »
Hi,
I really like this deck ! Gonna try it.

Is Bristling Hydra really strong ? Can you tell me why ? I'd prefer going for 4 Scrapper Champion .
Or 2 hydra and 2 scrapper ?

Thank you !